SAU Community

Engine Bay Look..

Engine bay look  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi!

Im about to build an RB30/26DETT in my series 1 R33 GTST and since the engine is out i thought it would be a good time to sort out the look of the engine bay :) Now i need your help to decide how it should look!

The car has got +35mm wider rear fender (gtr-style) and +25mm wider front fenders with vents on the side and towards the doors.

Its got Millenium Jade-paint, with acouple of rusty screwheads airbrushed (car looks gray in the pic).

large_144807-1338025.jpg

A few ideas i've thought of is ofcourse the sweet 2GUUP, with its mint showroom engine bay :cool:

post-a238115-493579794-bb14883038-o.jpg

Also thought of RIPS Sparks factory look engine bay :happy:

SparksSTEALTHBOMBERFINISHED012.jpg

Would probably look really good with engine bay, with hidden cables, in the same color as the car, and cam covers in candy red, or breaking of with a engine bay in red candy and the covers in Millenium Jade :) But its one hell of a work and would probably get me in trouble with authority :blink:

So what do you think?

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for your votes guys! I was wondering how that 'Other' looked, looks really cool IMHO!

Kind of involved my sister in this, as i asked her what she thought since she isnt really into the whole car-world. She looked at me as if i was stupid when i presented the factory-style.. :devil:

Leans towards show for the moment but if i go factory ill definetly paint the covers in Millenium Jade or GTR-red :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've bought House of Kolor Kandy Apple Red paint, with gold base. The enginebay is completely emptied on cables and hoses/pipe and the ugly fuse/relay/power box is long gone :)

While im at it im going to paint the boot in the same color and if time lets me, ill use a chromed fuel cell to complete it B-)

Another take on factory. Not sure how it would go with Mil Jade but love the NISMO engines.

post-194-1257934266_thumb.jpg

¥2,000,000 (approx $25,000) for an engine! That's a f*#k load of cash for an engine... But I am sure it would be well worth it for a strong, powerful but most importantly reliable engine. :D

as long as its neat and tidy with no wires and rubbish it will always look good

dont use too many different colored parts, pick two or three and stick to em

black and chrome always looks good

it has to match the whole look of the car so IMO i wouldnt paint to covers red

paint the covers to match the can and do everything else either chromed or black and it will look awesome

I think it really depends on whether the car is going to be a show car a daily driver or a combination of the two.

I can appreciate any of those looks but I do think it would probably be a waste of time and money if you had a show car style engine bay on a daily driver, but then it's not my time and money you're spending on it :P

as long as its neat and tidy with no wires and rubbish it will always look good

dont use too many different colored parts, pick two or three and stick to em

black and chrome always looks good

it has to match the whole look of the car so IMO i wouldnt paint to covers red

paint the covers to match the can and do everything else either chromed or black and it will look awesome

Picking up those tips!

My plan is/was to paint the trunk and engine bay Kandy Red and having things like brake-/clutchcylinders, wipermotor etc.. painted Kandy Red also to make them 'disappear'.

The valvecovers same color as body; Millenium Jade, but now im thinking of having it Kandied too or havings them polished to keep things clean.

To brake things off the aluminium parts like CAS, alternator, powersteering gets a mirror-polish. Will use steel braded hoses for all fluids such as fuel, oils, water etc.

Im going to manufacture a mirror polished fuel cell to place in the trunk.

Thinking of having it stand on a carbon plate cut to fit on top of the spare tire-compartment. The sides in the trunk are getting carbon coverplates too. Not covering to much though since i dont want the paint to disappear so that itll only look like small color dots here and there.

Edited by brother_david

• 2 weeks later...

And yet some more progress, have been searching for painted boot's so much that my fingerprints are gone but the only way to really know how it looks is to do it yourself!

Heres the result, hopefully itll look good with polished alu-parts in the engine bay, and a polished fuelcell in the boot. To cover the sides of the boot ill make some CF plates to keep it as 'show' :( as possible :(

post-25855-1260454308_thumb.jpg

post-25855-1260454316_thumb.jpg