SAU Community

Guilt-toy In Georgia (former Soviet Union)

This is the only GTR in the country atm, it has a blown valve on number 6 cyl. They did not buy a new valve from nissan, instead they got a valve from a truck engine new and machined it down to suit

I lol-d ^^

Would have taken major guts to quit your I.T. job and start this. Props to you man.

I see a very smart business venture in this. We've got a few tuner shops and alot of cars that get fixed up for street and mostly our 1 track but there isn't a dyno on the island and I think the first guy to bring one over and is able to tune would be set.

How great is it to own the fastest car around? lol

This guy hit on the head IMO.

Effy took a risk followed his dreams to some degree and busted out the 9-5 grind. He chose a place where imports are a new thing, laws are negligable and tuning is impossible to find. Its the equivalent of setting up an ice cream stand in the middle of a packed beach on a hot day thats 15 minute walk from anything!

Put simply not only will he score top notch elite of the georgian women, he'll get away from the closed minded locals he once new, get treated like god with the fastest car around and make a butt load of money doing it!

In about a year georgia's scene will be goin off and effy will be rite at the middle of it reaping the cash and the credit.

PROPS TO YA MATE! Miss ya!

Any particular reason for georgia? acenstory or something?

He met Goran on here...unsure of the username (Guricha or something like that) and tuned a few cars over there via the web. So he already had customers there...Goran and the G-tripper decided to go into a business venture pooling both their resources and talent. Goran has a Skyline as well so they talk the same car language.

There seems to be a trend by the local police here... Every time they see me they pull me over. They have a loud speaker and they say stuff that i cannot understand.. For me when i hear that in the background it means pull over.

Yesterday i ignored the request and just kept driving normally, then the police car dropped back for 10 seconds then come flying at a great speed behind me and he was yelling in the loud speaking "bla bla blaaaa blaaaa blaaaahhhhhhh" the dude sounded really angry. So i pulled over, gave him my passport and nsw drivers licence then he says "one minute" and goes back to the police car. I was looking in my rear view mirror and as he got in the car the copper has this MASSIVE grin on his face while handing my passport and licence to the other copper in the car.... then he comes back gives me my stuff back and tells me to go.. so i say "martlooba" which means thanks in Georgian and drive off.

Later on i talk to my friend Niko who is a crazy mofo who runs around with his hand gun all the time, apparently he is part of the secret service or something like that... Ministry of defence i think.. he is the police for the police... He tells me that all the cops know that i am driving around and that they all want to meet me so they are pulling me over for fun!!! I have nothing to worry about though! all i have to do is ring him if there any problems and he will will sort them out.

Its been a experience here thats for sure... I have to say that Guricha and his friends have been like family for me which has made things really easy...

I will upload more pics soon.

Here is a pic i took from my Balcony today, (7 hours ago or so), My skyline and my mates R34 GTT.

post-1240-1253233020_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There seems to be a trend by the local police here... Every time they see me they pull me over. They have a loud speaker and they say stuff that i cannot understand.. For me when i hear that in the background it means pull over.

Yesterday i ignored the request and just kept driving normally, then the police car dropped back for 10 seconds then come flying at a great speed behind me and he was yelling in the loud speaking "bla bla blaaaa blaaaa blaaaahhhhhhh" the dude sounded really angry. So i pulled over, gave him my passport and nsw drivers licence then he says "one minute" and goes back to the police car. I was looking in my rear view mirror and as he got in the car the copper has this MASSIVE grin on his face while handing my passport and licence to the other copper in the car.... then he comes back gives me my stuff back and tells me to go.. so i say "martlooba" which means thanks in Georgian and drive off.

Later on i talk to my friend Niko who is a crazy mofo who runs around with his hand gun all the time, apparently he is part of the secret service or something like that... Ministry of defence i think.. he is the police for the police... He tells me that all the cops know that i am driving around and that they all want to meet me so they are pulling me over for fun!!! I have nothing to worry about though! all i have to do is ring him if there any problems and he will will sort them out.

Its been a experience here thats for sure... I have to say that Guricha and his friends have been like family for me which has made things really easy...

I will upload more pics soon.

Here is a pic i took from my Balcony today, (7 hours ago or so), My skyline and my mates R34 GTT.

post-1240-1253233020_thumb.jpg

GOLD!! haha ;)

On the serious side, congrats on the big move, talk about a gap in the market?? ;)

Im sure theres no question you will do well, all the best mate :D

Oh and well done on making a 33 the fastest car in the country haha

• 2 weeks later...

needed some new brake pads today. mine were so far gone that they were rubbing on metal to metal.

will take 2 weeks to order some online. No problems. lets get some made locally.

I turn up to this place and get a price, 80 Georgian Lari to get all 4 brake pads replaced and I can choose how hard / soft i wanted them. I decided to go with a not too soft set because the soft ones cause a bit of brake dust that i have seen on the last car Guricha got done there.

i drop the car off and go away for 2 hours and went off to a really nice The land of goat sphincter rings kebab joint and had a mad feed, come back and he is still doing the rear ones so i decided to get some pics to show you guys.

Basically the guy gets the old pads and removes all the pad from it then he replaces it with new pads. he pre-mix's the stuff and bakes it on there with that machine that looks like a big press. then he grinds the excess pad away to suit the car that he is putting the pad in.

I have had many different types of brake pads on my car and none of them have had the stopping power as good as these have. 80 georgian lari is about $55 aud and he guy took the wheels off and removed the old pads for me as well so it was a drive in drive out service.

Things happen a different way here. They cannot buy parts and get them in a hurry so why not make it yourself ?

This aint the only thing we have gotten made here. will post up some others once we have finished testing

I added a pic of the hole under my car - much cheaper then buying a hoist I guess :D

post-1240-1254258189_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258369_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258427_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1254258468_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258512_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258574_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1254258623_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258670_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258723_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1254258786_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258872_thumb.jpg post-1240-1254258902_thumb.jpg

post-1240-1254258954_thumb.jpg

Import QFM pads :P

Is there any issues with rebonded ones seperating?

We had a pit under a 4car garage of a house i lived in when i was little when we came back from NZ, sadly, i was too young to have a car and make use of it... suprised more people dont do them over here.