SAU Community

Guilt-toy In Georgia (former Soviet Union)

ill drop the penny for you Shane...the car has a turbo and is performing...so id say thats forced induction performance. Feel free to suggest what section is more fitting.

Guilt-Toy bought a Dyno Dynamics dyno, packed it and his car into a container and moved to Georgia to set up the countries only dyno tuning and performance workshop. Its a little known that he used to tune cars via the mobile phone network over there while in Aust. Linking into the cars ecu using two laptops linked via a mobile broadband connection. He has tuned circuit cars one of them went on to take out the national series over there. I think his business is called European Motorsport Engineering and has just finished tuning a WRX that is competing in the European Rally Championship.

Good on him! :banana:

I dunno, maybe The Wasteland?

Why did he feel it was necessary to jump abroad and setup a tuning shop, if he is as good as he's made out to be he's expertise should have been muchly appreciated here in Aus and he would have done well.

Bodyform now guilt-toy, ur wanking hand must be pretty sore by now paul :D

Maybe General Auto, but not Wasteland.

lol, the Dirt man is up to his usual tricks!

hahaha.. love it (miss you man)

I don't expect anyone to understand why I did this. It was a very crazy move and it has been a good experience, I guess I am chasing my dream.. what that is exactly i am not sure :D All i know is that I was sick of the 9-5 IT job back home, every day was the same for me it felt like I was not living my life how i wanted to and this opportunity came up and i grabbed it.

I have seen the ways people work on cars here and its admirable and also can be dodgy at the same time but it works.

At the moment there are 3 blown up skylines here because no one knows how to tune them or treat them properly and it takes a long time to rebuild the engines because parts take weeks to get here and freight is very expensive from Australia.

The workshop opens in a week or so and we have Drag Racing in 2 weeks as well. We are also working on making engine parts here and exporting them.

Search for Guilt-Toy on youtube you can see some videos i been posting, its really hard to contain myself in my car here because you can get away with anything.. Replacing tyres is becoming expensive :banana:

My skyline is the fastest car in this country and the locals here cannot believe how it goes and sounds. Its going to be great to build fast cars here and we will change motorsport in this country in a big way.

So yeah bag me out for chasing my dreams... I don't really care. I do not regret what I have done.

Ohhh yeah and WRX placed 8th in the rally in Europe - not bad for a 4 day rally competition that had 200+ entrants!

post-1240-1253004222_thumb.jpg

I admire what your doing mate and I wish you all the success in the world!

We should all take a leaf out of GT's book i reckon so many of us go about our lives loosing sight of our dreams as each day passes

just out of interest what did it cost to ship your car there?

I admire what your doing mate and I wish you all the success in the world!

We should all take a leaf out of GT's book i reckon so many of us go about our lives loosing sight of our dreams as each day passes

just out of interest what did it cost to ship your car there?

cheers mate.

It cost about $6,000 USD for a 40ft container which had my car and the DD Dyno in it. Took 2 LONG months to get here too.

My car still wears its www.skylinesaustralia.com sticker on the back also :D

When i tell people i am from Australia most of them don't even know where Australia is !!

^^^^^

Is that a pic of the latest plug and play Link/ViPec?

dunno but id love to give her a play and plug.

Sounds like an exciting adventure you're heading on =D

Maybe you can post up some photos/videos of the local rides once you're all setup!

GL with it all.

yeah i actually thought a thread about what he was up to would be a good interest that people would like. Maybe the Guilt-tripper can update us on this thread in future.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Here are some random pics

At the black sea

post-1240-1253004839_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1253004918_thumb.jpg

This is the only GTR in the country atm, it has a blown valve on number 6 cyl. They did not buy a new valve from nissan, instead they got a valve from a truck engine new and machined it down to suit and are installing it in the next week then I will tune it for Drag racing day

post-1240-1253005094_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1253005172_thumb.jpg

Mate that is an awesome move! Good luck with it all and keep us updated, would love to see what the Eastern European modifying scene is like. Im Czechoslovakian and havn't been back in about 10 years but would love to go back and visit as many countries as i can to see what it is all like nowadays.

Good luck again :D

Here are some random pics

At the black sea

post-1240-1253004839_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1253004918_thumb.jpg

This is the only GTR in the country atm, it has a blown valve on number 6 cyl. They did not buy a new valve from nissan, instead they got a valve from a truck engine new and machined it down to suit and are installing it in the next week then I will tune it for Drag racing day

post-1240-1253005094_thumb.jpgpost-1240-1253005172_thumb.jpg

Good stuff man.A workshop isnt complete without chicky babe calenders :D

I see a very smart business venture in this. We've got a few tuner shops and alot of cars that get fixed up for street and mostly our 1 track but there isn't a dyno on the island and I think the first guy to bring one over and is able to tune would be set.

How great is it to own the fastest car around? lol

As I keep saying Anthony, you're a prick and you shouldn't have left me! :blink: But seriously, heaps proud mate, keep flying that Aussie flag! :)

Kinda makes me a bit pissed that I'm sitting here in my boring ass IT job though... :blink: You guys need a stereo department? :down:

As I keep saying Anthony, you're a prick and you shouldn't have left me! :blink: But seriously, heaps proud mate, keep flying that Aussie flag! :)

Kinda makes me a bit pissed that I'm sitting here in my boring ass IT job though... :blink: You guys need a stereo department? :down:

actually we do, we just got dealer rights for Alpine and JBL and we will be importing from Dubai

this is awesome shit ... no really, I applaud you on making such a big move and actually chasing your dream. I'm sure you will be successful, considering the competition :) But yeah, good stuff man and best of luck, keep us posted with rides that you've worked on!