SAU Community

Offset For 2003 M35

Brendan&Ana

That's right, std offset is +45. Most ppl are going anywhere up to +30 on 8"wide rims without clearance issues.

If you're going aftermarket and aren't sure check an offset calculator or post the sizes here, someone will be able to help out.

I have done a lot of maths on this as im ordering rims from japan and dont want to spend all my cash and find it doesnt fit... and it seems that the ideal fitment for a 250t to really fill the guards will be 8.5J with a +22 offset. Now you can probably fit a 9J with +20 offset but the fronts might scrub the guards.

But 8.5J +22mm will get them right out there without fouling the guards or the front swing arm (if it wasnt for the stupid front swing arm on these cars you could easily fit 9.5" all round).

Now I worked this out with some basic maths, but I will be putting a dummy set in place next week to 100% confirm before ordering my wheels - I will keep you posted

I recently had the following staggered combo that fit fine, but screwed with the attesa:

Rear: 19x10 +40mm (filled the guard perfectly!) so that makes 87mm from hub to guards without rolling - add another 10-15mm with rolling

Front: 19x 8 +30mm (needed at least another 15mm to really fill the guards) so about 86mm from hub to guard would be ideal. The issue is inside clearance on that front swing arm.

Cheers,

Ben.

Edited by bbenny

its just my m35 got delivered to newcastle & its been sent to the pits there is no way in hell its going to pass with whats on there now.

i have standard stock rims from our other stagea and they are 17 x 17jj +30 will this fit?

if you can help thanks

or if someone has standard stock rims for theirs is there anyway i can borrow just for the pits :blink: ill pay for courier etc...

Edited by Brendan&Ana

i hope they arent 17x17jj :blink:

anyway, 17x7 +30 should fit fine depending on the spoke configuration. but if you need a set of M35 stockers, i have some with almost brand new tyres FS

i hope they arent 17x17jj :blink:

anyway, 17x7 +30 should fit fine depending on the spoke configuration. but if you need a set of M35 stockers, i have some with almost brand new tyres FS

ok sweet.

am i able to borrow them or how much do you want for them??? cos im looking at the cheapest way out LOL.

ooops my mistake did i put 17x17jj i meant 17x7jj lol im just so stressed over this , nothings going right :blink:

the truck took a huge chunk out of my front spoiler GRRRRRR not impressed

ive got $550 on them but im pretty negotiable on the price. ill PM you because you cant PM just yet and we can talk that way if youre interested

also, the truck should have insurance that should cover any damages in transit! id be speaking to the shipping company about that............

ive got $550 on them but im pretty negotiable on the price. ill PM you because you cant PM just yet and we can talk that way if youre interested

also, the truck should have insurance that should cover any damages in transit! id be speaking to the shipping company about that............

yeh i have, they wont take any responsibility as its modified and a fairly big spoiler, WTF? and also cos we dont have a before picture only a after picture.

I for one, am looking forward to seeing those brave offsets on your car!

What did you end up going with, or do we have to wait?

8.5J +22 offset is pretty mild - im confident it will sit perfectly, without the need to roll guards etc.

I havent gone with anything yet, but I have 2 options at the moment, and pending that dummy fitting I will make a decision on one.

The problem is, with most japanese wheels you cant get the deep (concave) face unless you go 9J or wider.

Knowing that 9 x 10J fit no problems on the rear its only the fronts that limit options on this car.

I have also found a few Japanese M35 stageas running 20x8.5J +18 without rolling.

yeh i have, they wont take any responsibility as its modified and a fairly big spoiler, WTF? and also cos we dont have a before picture only a after picture.

I'd dispute this, does your importer have proof the car wasn't damaged before the truck picked it up?

If so, throw the responsibility back on them. You didn't pay for a smashed up car. If they're not at fault, then they'll want the trucking company to stump up.

Just because the car is modified, doesn't give them an excuse to trash it, if anything they should be MORE careful.

I'd dispute this, does your importer have proof the car wasn't damaged before the truck picked it up?

If so, throw the responsibility back on them. You didn't pay for a smashed up car. If they're not at fault, then they'll want the trucking company to stump up.

Just because the car is modified, doesn't give them an excuse to trash it, if anything they should be MORE careful.

yeh i have a photo that shows the front which i zoomed in on the front spoiler and shows no Damage and the dealer has pictures aswell :) so the dealer is sorting it out with SMB transport. if not i have already put in a complaint with department of fair trading :) so hopefully they will do something.

but its taking so long.. have just under 3 weeks before it goes to the pits grrrrr...

It's a shame in these situations that they just won't own up, accidents happen, everyone understands.

Denial only leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Hope you get it all sorted.