SAU Community

Getting Out Of A Red Light Camera Fine

W0rp3D

Yes you read right, got a fine and want to get out of it, has anyone done it?

Dont want to hear from people who just want to tell me that i got the fine and now i should live with it, its not that simple in this case (happy to pay the points are the issue).

Also when i got this i was on a 1 point probation, now im off that will the points be back dated and i lose my license if i pay the fine?

If you are on the photo (go down toe civic compliance and see the photo), then you are well... stuffed.

That is why they take photo's as evidence. The only way your are going to get off is if the photo is a bit ambiguous and you can't clearly see your number plate.

I believe the points will date back, and VicRoads will send you a letter

Unfortunately being a truck driver means that i cant afford to have the points taken off see im seeking out other ways, there are websites around that tell you how to do it but dont know any one who has used these successfully.

Only other option is to sign them over to someone else but since it was in a truck does the other person need a truck license, on the fine it says it was in a "vechile other than a heavy vehicle".

What do you mean get around it? You were busted red handed - there is no such "getting around" anything.

You could pass them off onto someone else i guess, illegal however. And i would imagine they would need a truck license as whoever re-processes the form is likely to check (i would imagine).

Dont want to hear from people who just want to tell me that i got the fine and now i should live with it
What do you mean get around it? You were busted red handed - there is no such "getting around" anything.

i tried to get out of a red light fine. even went down and saw the pics of the car going through the lights. they also sent me this other thing which was at least 2 pages long shows 3 pics of my car in different stages from when then lights turned red and at what second i went through it. its hard getting out of man.

think i have it some where. if i find it ill scan it and put it up for ya

If the offence was in a truck then using someone who doesnt have a truck licence may result in them receiving an unlicenced driving sting.

I'm a truck driver also and I have an old guy at work with a HC that doesnt drive anymore that sells them off for a gorilla a piece. Cheap price if the alternative is no work for a month or two....or twelve.

I'd be offering someone at your workplace a bucket of cash for some points.

At worst you can apply to vic roads to be allowed to drive during working hours if you can prove that you will lose your job if you can not drive, willing to pay someone to take them but not for 1k each.

Ok well when i was a little younger, dumber... i got a fine which consisted of 12 month suspension 8 demerits 500 fine etc.... 156 kmph on western ring... neway i got out of it :D

How?

well 1.. lucky to be a photo from behind so they dident see me..

2. dads misses has a medical condition

3. dad sent letters in saying shes psycotic bla bla sent in docters certs and letters from her docter (this docter helped us out)

now they dident care.... they sent bak the infringment notice again and again so my dad craked it sent bak 1 hell of a letter and they neva sent one bak again

Saved my licence :) and for all thoes saying WARE UR PENALTY you cant get out of it in your face :) i got out of it :)

I challenged one in court, was on the edge of the line, in traffic inside the intersection, the argument that I entered on a green light was not good enough.

I got no demerit points after taking it to court but got the fine.

That was ONLY because I had no previous fines, its going to be tough to get out of losing the points :)

hmm is vehicle registered to work?

If so how well do you get along with mgmt?

*could it be that*Company owned vehicles might have so many different drivers that its really impossible to tell who was driving at the time? And can pay an additional payment as well as fine to not nominate driver. To date I am not aware of actual driver logs being cross referenced afaik provided the bastards get their money the rest is who cares.

They normally ask me who i want to sign it over to before they do it but it was a new chick that signed it over, the boss him self is an arse hole and wouldnt go through any extra shit for his drivers.

Its also a company vehicle that is registered in a different company's name.

Also this fine is from december but they have only just signed it over to me last week.