SAU Community

R34 Manual Conversion In Melb?

Charles89

Thread resurrect.

I am thinking about a manual conversion for my R34 GTT auto - can anybody recommend a workshop or mechanic who's experienced with this? Preferably in Melb inner/mid suburbs. I'd be interested in getting some quotes for this supplied & fitted, or just the labour.

Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy Manual GTT

Move any mods you've got on your car to the manual one

Sell Auto GTT

It'll be cheaper and better and stuffs.

Yeah thought about it but no thanks, many little mods add up to too much work. It'll be more cost effective to just convert.

LOL, I remember this thread......

Cool, what'd you end up doing back then? ;)

• 5 weeks later...

Heh, ok.

Sooo ... I have almost decided to get a manual conversion done at Advanced Jap Auto Imports in the west. I'm planning on getting a new clutch, most likely the NPC organic.

Is there anything to look out for with the conversion? Any tips to make it all to go smoothly?

read post #18 on page 1 of this thread

This:

honestly, rather have bought a manual r34 than to go through it. its just i put in a too much into the car to start all over. best bet to buy a manual r34. be sure to check it though. searching for an r34 ages ago myself, most were auto thats been converted to manual anyways (either once landed here or been done in japan)

Yeah I hear you paulr33 but it's too much of a hassle to transfer everything across. Plus I know my R34 and its idiosyncrasies well now, it'd be starting from scratch again with another one. Not to mention that good condition factory manual GTT sedans are still rare as hens teeth and pricey, which means that I'd pretty much have to import one. It's just too much effort.

• 3 weeks later...

hey v28vx37 did u get a quote for your manual conversion?if i remeber correctly u also have a sedan r34 gtt.

i am thinking i need to get a conversion as well.have been trying to sell the r34 for ages and for a dead chep price but still no luck.

how much did just jap quote you?

hey v28vx37 did u get a quote for your manual conversion?if i remeber correctly u also have a sedan r34 gtt.

i am thinking i need to get a conversion as well.have been trying to sell the r34 for ages and for a dead chep price but still no luck.

how much did just jap quote you?

Advanced Jap Auto Imports (not Just Jap) quoted me just over 2.5k supplied and fitted, plus you'll need to get a new clutch. So you'll be looking at 3-3.5k all up depending on what you go for, it's a fair chunk.

I'm still sitting on the fence on this myself - a shift kit could be 'just' 1k but if the auto needs a full rebuild it'll cost just as much as the manual conversion. Plus the SS2 turbo I have does not feel like an ideal match with the auto, so I'm very tempted to go manual still...

dude 2.5 is very cheap.i am gona look into it since i cant sell my skyline.but i dont understand one thing.the gearbox they are supplying comes with a clutch doesnt it?the reason i need a new clutch is it becasue it might be worn out?

Yep that's pretty much it. Give em a call to confirm what's included, the number's on their website. Also as said I haven't had this done yet, just seeking quotes, so can't vouch for any one workshop as yet.