SAU Community

Front Bar Verdict

D3RV

Hey there guys,

I've been looking to buy a front bar for my car for.. ages.

Viva Garage has two to pick from (Masa and Dolphin clones) - 300 + (180 shipping) for the front bar.

Blits has the dolphin replica + dolphin sideskirts - 450 + 330 + (315 shipping).

The question I'm asking is; has anyone purchased and fitted a Stagea kit from either of these vendors? I'm concerned about the quality and fit.

Obviously the cost savings of Viva are tempting, but if it's going to cost me 100-200 more at the painters then the savings go out the window.

If anyone can give me their 2c I'd be grateful.

- Dervish

Hi Dervish,

from the reading I have done, most people have had a lot of trouble with fitment of there products. It involved cutting, filling and from the sounds of it heaps of work to get a suitable fit. I personally haven't purchased from Viva, but I know a few people from South Australia have purchased those front bars. Im pritty sure RubyRS4 from the South Australian pages would be someone to give you a little more advice. Pritty sure he purchased one a few months back.

Goodluck with your decision.

I brought the viva masa copy i didnt not fit it myself took it somewhere to git fitted. I brought the whole kit the guy that fitted said there was no problems with the front bar and the side skirts wasn't much hassle but the rear bar he had to cut and add to it by qiute a bit.

So the front bar does fit quite well and no cutting was needed.

Edited by mrRS4

I have the ViVa Masa copy rear bar and side skirts. To put it politly, what a heap of shit!

I spent approx 25-30hrs modifing the rear bar to fit. Cut it into 3 pieces, and extended it 20mm on both sides.

Both side skirts were too short as well and had to be extended. Another 10 hours work

Plus the there is hardly any fibreglass, mainly resin, so they are weak and heavy. Typical chinese made copy crap.

Full of pin holes, bubbles and low and high spots. (Have I convinced you yet?)

The Blits stuff is made here on the Gold Coast to alot higher standard and fitment. Not sure if they still have their moulds and make it themselves, or they did sell most of their moulds to DMD the Image.

When I spoke with them last, they were telling me they got offered chinese made copy kits. They could buy front bars for $39 landed from china!! Gives an idea on the profit margin on cheap imported kits. They declined the offer as there is way too much time to get them to fit.

I have the ViVa Masa copy rear bar and side skirts. To put it politly, what a heap of shit!

I spent approx 25-30hrs modifing the rear bar to fit. Cut it into 3 pieces, and extended it 20mm on both sides.

Both side skirts were too short as well and had to be extended. Another 10 hours work

Plus the there is hardly any fibreglass, mainly resin, so they are weak and heavy. Typical chinese made copy crap.

Full of pin holes, bubbles and low and high spots. (Have I convinced you yet?)

The Blits stuff is made here on the Gold Coast to alot higher standard and fitment. Not sure if they still have their moulds and make it themselves, or they did sell most of their moulds to DMD the Image.

When I spoke with them last, they were telling me they got offered chinese made copy kits. They could buy front bars for $39 landed from china!! Gives an idea on the profit margin on cheap imported kits. They declined the offer as there is way too much time to get them to fit.

Oh yes i did forget to say that i had to return one front bar due that problem of pin holes. My side skirts i was told were ok.

I've heard the same about Viva Garage stuff. Blits quality is very good, but as you may have read, their turnaround time is farcical: I've been waiting over 5 months for my "3 day job" to be finished, and have decided to go elsewhere. If they got their customer service sorted, Blits could be great. Unfortunately, if you need them to do the fitting, you'll be a grandparent before it gets done. HOWEVER, if you're only getting them to supply the parts, then you'll be front of the line, and should end up with a very good quality product!

Your call i the end, but I can't recommend them based on their very poor service...

Bought a set of side skirts from viva. Super thin, low grade matt. The resin had not cured properly, ended up laminating the inside for more strength.I had to extend drivers side by 10 mm.

Not really worth the 300 bucks I paid!

I brought the viva masa copy i didnt not fit it myself took it somewhere to git fitted. I brought the whole kit the guy that fitted said there was no problems with the front bar and the side skirts wasn't much hassle but the rear bar he had to cut and add to it by qiute a bit.

So the front bar does fit quite well and no cutting was needed.

After seeing this dudes rear bar fitment, Id probably never buy a viva body product. The rear bar is shocking. Where did you get it fitted?

After seeing this dudes rear bar fitment, Id probably never buy a viva body product. The rear bar is shocking. Where did you get it fitted?

A place in lonsdale called ave and no it aint that dodge one that was on today tonight a while ago yere they guy said he has never seen such a shit fitment think in the end up having to add about 30 mm to the right side of the rear bar. I will be defiantly not be buying any body parts from viva again. Just wierd that one part of the kit fitted quite well(front bar) one of the skirts but then the rest didnt. The cut out for the exhaust is also f@%ked they have got that wrong the exhaust leans on the rear bar.

Once i get some cash saved up i will be looking at getting the blits rear bar and possibly skirts.

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll just wait about 2 weeks and save the extra money and get the blits kit.

Much obliged!

- Dervish

Edited by D3RV

yeah blits kit :) havent got mine yet but have only head good things about it !

and Nicks looks sexual

Yeah Nick yours looks mean! Can I ask how much you payed to get it painted?

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered the front bar and sideskirts from BLITS today.

Instead of charging 450 + 330 + (315 shipping), I got both pieces for 700 + 290 shipping.

There's an 'August special on', just a heads up =)