SAU Community

Removing Headlight On Gt-r R33

Hey all,

I have Noticed there are no easy/pictured guides to follow when it comes to removing GT-R R33 HEADLIGHTS. I only removed the Passenger side but the whole idea will be the same for the drivers side but will vary in some ways.

*** PLEASE NOTE PEOPLE USING OIL COOLERS LOCATED ON THE PASSENGER SIDE WILL HAVE TO REMOVE THE INNER GUARD LINING IN THE WHEEL ARCH TO LOCATE LOWER SCREWS ***

TOOLS NEEDED: Torch/Light, Screwdriver's, 10mm spanner, 10mm Elbow Spanner, rachet + 10mm and 8mm + Extension

tools.jpg

STEP 1: Removing the Grill

Remove all 5 Clips located on grill and pull towards you to remove the grill (Pictured)

**Be carefull not to break the clips**

step1b.jpgstep12.jpg

STEP 2: Remove The Two plugs that connect to the rear of the light.(Pictured)

step2vud.jpg

STEP 3: Remove the three visible (10mm) Screws that are attached to the headlight. (Pictured)

step3.jpg

STEP 4: Remove Lower indicator and then remove the plug for it (Pictured)

step4gih.jpgstep42.jpg

STEP 5: Removing the last screws holding the light in.

Using the Gap When the indicator is removed (step 4) you will need to reach up through there to access these screws.

There are two ways to remove them.

***My light was not going back in so i removed the light with the bracket***

THE TWO OPTIONS ARE:

OPTION 1: Removing light with bracket:

TOOLS: 10mm spanner & 10mm Elbow spanner

Locate the Two (10mm) Screws (Red Circles) and remove them. Its a bit of a hassle to do but once both are removed the light can come out.

***Be carefull not to break the white plastic clip/spacer***

step5option1.jpg

OPTION 2: Removing light without bracket.

TOOLS: 8mm Rachet & extension.

Locate the Two (8mm) screws (Blue Circles) and remove them. This will leave the bracket connected to the car.

Doing it this way will be easier to put the light back.

step5option2.jpg

ALL DONE:

donethu.jpg

Thanks guys...

Just wanna add i noticed an easier way for option 1 removing the light with bracket. Only 1 screw needs to come out (Pictured)

editajy.jpg

Also this is why i took out the light to begin with:

light1x.jpg

I need to make up some brackets to hold it in place...Its just sitting in there now :laugh:

Oh and yes the car needs a wash and polish lol....

• 1 year later...

Excellent write up! I thought you had to remove the whole front bar and thus was just going to pay someone else to do it. Now I can install my series 3 xenons!!! Infact, I'll do it now haha

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks guys...

Just wanna add i noticed an easier way for option 1 removing the light with bracket. Only 1 screw needs to come out (Pictured)

editajy.jpg

just to let everyone know, with the series 3 headlights, those 2 smaller screws have to stay, the only way to remove the headlight is by removing the one circled above.