SAU Community

R34 Gtt Standard Boost Gauge Not Working

hey guys iv searched around for the answer but couldnt find it so i thought i ask. my standard boost gauge stopped working all of a sudden on my GTT R34 anyone know the problem?

cheers

hey guys iv searched around for the answer but couldnt find it so i thought i ask. my standard boost gauge stopped working all of a sudden on my GTT R34 anyone know the problem?

cheers

could be your boost sender unit, (little black box like thing on the drivers side near the fire wall, has a vac line and a plug with wires running to it)

there is a thread around somewhere about how the 3 solder joints inside it can come loose and cause the gauge to drop out.

My gauge does this on and off, works sometimes, then other times just sits on the needle at the bottom, haven't gotten around to opening up the unit as the cap is extremely brittle on mine (cracked it twice!!)

i might just rip the cap off and then electrical tape it on neatly once ive fiddled with it.

Do a search for boost sender unit or the likes, there should be a few threads regarding this

is your car running alright? if the vac hose from the intake manifold to the boost sender unit is broken badly enough it will cause your car to run like poo

hey guys i did a check on my car and have found that the hose was cracked where the black box is so i got it replaced but it still the same works and not. So im guessing rush is right! its has to be the boost sender unit

• 8 months later...

Hi Folks,

Thanks to all that have posted. I also had this issue and in my case it was the boost sender unit (black box just behind the right shock absorber tunnel). To fix it, I opened up the case then just reflowed (just melted the existing solder) on all 3 of the pins that make up the external connector. It should be pretty obvious which ones they are cause they are the biggest. I couldn't see any hint of a dry joint but it is possible it was really fine?!

Anyway, since reflowing those pins the gauge has worked perfectly :cool:

HTH

Andrew

do you still feel the tourbo come in cos if you do than your gauge must be broken. if you cant than your losing bost. cheek your pipes from the actuator and work your way back

you did not search around . that is blantantly obvoius in the fact you created this topic . the stock hose is crap and has most likely cracked again anyway . replace it with something better

you did not search around . that is blantantly obvoius in the fact you created this topic . the stock hose is crap and has most likely cracked again anyway . replace it with something better

i severly hope you are not seroius .

ever crossed your mind to look at the post date.. and that the second guy did a search and posted in the thread he found?

you should go to google and type in "f a i l" and puch enter

• 7 years later...
hey guys i did a check on my car and have found that the hose was cracked where the black box is so i got it replaced but it still the same works and not. So im guessing rush is right! its has to be the boost sender unit

Sorry I know this is old thread, but can u remember whats size the hose is? 3mm or 4 mm