SAU Community

5 Stud Conversion On Cefiro Questions

bbe

soon to be upgrading to 5 stud on a31 cefiro

i can get a whole r33 turbo front and rear

but do i still need to use s14 front hubs what other hubs can be used on front and why cant the 32/33 ones fit ?

also are the 33 front lca direct bolt in

and does anyone knwo if the 33 steering rack fits.

cheers

you will need to use s14 - s15 front stubs and control arms you don't need to use the control arms i just had r33 ball joints pressed into my cefiro lca's the skylines use a different strut system and it renders the linkages useless in a ceffy because it is based on an s13 setup you will be able to use the front brakes and rotors on the conversion and because the cefiro uses the rear drum in rotor setup you will be able to use the r33 rear discs and brakes i think however you will need r32 gtst hubs to bolt up too convert the rear stud pattern.

no a r33 pwr steering rack wont fit either a s13 or s14 will though

That all sounds correct to me.

if you want 5 stud hubs upfront, it's S14/15 or those aftermarket conversion ones.

Don't use the R33 LCA unless you want to drill holes in it for the swaybar links.

S14/15 LCA's are longer and will give you a bit of extra track and more neg camber, or get the R33 balljoints pressed into your current LCA's.

With the rear hubs, the R33 upright (hub carrier) won't fit as it uses different strut mounting point. But if you undo the 5 bolts on the back of the upright, you can remove the 5stud hub and bearing and swap it over onto your cefiro gear. Saves you having to get rid of the R33 rear hubs and finding R32 rear hubs.

With the rear hubs, the R33 upright (hub carrier) won't fit as it uses different strut mounting point. But if you undo the 5 bolts on the back of the upright, you can remove the 5stud hub and bearing and swap it over onto your cefiro gear. Saves you having to get rid of the R33 rear hubs and finding R32 rear hubs.

The whole rear r33 setup fits (hubs, discs and calipers) .......(did on mine) The things that dont are the brake lines front and rear but just get soem new ones made up at a brake place. U have to swap over ur cefiro hand brake cable into the rear r33 hubs ...a little annoying but fits fine. The strut mounting point is slightly different but still fits.

pics would be great ^^^

thanks everyone for your input.

Only reason i asked for the 33 gear is because my mate is strippin one..

-the 33 lca i have been told give the most negative camber and track, is it a real issue drilling holes for the swaybar links or dodgy at all ?

cheers

Looks like I have stock uprights, S14 hubs, and Z32 brakes. I'm not sure about the hub (or the upright) so I ordered S14 and Z32 wheel bearings. Find out tomorrow which one fits.

xd5u3b.jpg

10r5l6c.jpg

erzudh.jpg

Edited by DanShirts

you will need to use s14 - s15 front stubs and control arms you don't need to use the control arms i just had r33 ball joints pressed into my cefiro lca's the skylines use a different strut system and it renders the linkages useless in a ceffy because it is based on an s13 setup you will be able to use the front brakes and rotors on the conversion and because the cefiro uses the rear drum in rotor setup you will be able to use the r33 rear discs and brakes i think however you will need r32 gtst hubs to bolt up too convert the rear stud pattern.

no a r33 pwr steering rack wont fit either a s13 or s14 will though

r33 rear hubs fit , front hubs don't ,not sure if cefiro brake lines work (i had custom braided ones made up while mine was still 4 stud and they still fitted fine) but theyre worth trying beore you cash out on new modified ones. with the front dust cover (i havent fitted it yet ) i cut the center out of the origional cefiro one and did the same to the r33 one then welded the outside r33 to the inside cefiro (thats using jj conversion hubs) , which imo looks good :banana: