SAU Community

My R34 Gtr Front End Stagea Build Thread

darrinspencer

i'm not sure if i like ford breeze although i'm sure it will look good and would probably get my vote over bayside blue.. it's just so overplayed these days although god damn hot

i'm not sure if i like ford breeze although i'm sure it will look good and would probably get my vote over bayside blue.. it's just so overplayed these days although god damn hot

The problem I have with bayside blue is it a factory colour and half of all nissan that get a custom respray use bayside blue.

In Brisbane I have only seen 3 cars in the ford colour, a R32, 180sx (both with white wheels) and a XD falcon. All looked pretty good.

Also looking at off loading the R34 gtr wheels for some Rays GT-C's in gold. Either 18's or 19's

The is car is 95% in undercoat. Next step is to colour the back of all the bolt on panels and the door jams.

Need to decide on colour by this Saturday

Choices

Bayside Blue or Ford Breeze

Help me decide!!!!!

My mates got his s13.5 painted a very similar colour to that breeze and all kitted up and it look insane. :)

Edited by sketchr32

another vote for ford breeze i think it will suit the stag perfectly.

I hope so, I started painting it yesterday morning

Next step is to refit doors and hatch, prime front bar and a few other parts and then it will be ready for the the full respray

I think the car will not be too stealth with this colour.

I can hear the comments now. . .man that is a bright colour on that volvo.

post-14923-1246535183_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1246535307_thumb.jpg

post-14923-1246535460_thumb.jpg

Looking awesome man, gota go the unusual colour bayside blue is awesome but its been done a lot before. Looking forward to seeing the finished result keep the pics coming :P

nice colour darren how long till its don i get mine tuned on tuesday got gcg highflow and nisstune ecu hoping to make 300rwhp

cruise as soon as yours is ready me and micah are think sunny coast or noosa big cruise this time them maybe bbq dina at my house if evryone wants to come

nice colour darren how long till its don i get mine tuned on tuesday got gcg highflow and nisstune ecu hoping to make 300rwhp

cruise as soon as yours is ready me and micah are think sunny coast or noosa big cruise this time them maybe bbq dina at my house if evryone wants to come

Can't wait for a cruise when it is finished

Currently trying to get it finished for the VW Jamboree on the last weekend of August

If the weather is good over next few weekends, it will be all painted ready re assembly

Hopefully get the new turbo on and sorted before the Jamboree as well. That's the plan.

Myles, who is doing the Nistune tuning?

lookin good darren about time you got that front end conversion finished its been a while :P Colour is good choice, bayside blue has been done to death and as you said of all the choices to go with a factory nissan colour would be a waste. Definately gonna get some looks now!

It's definitely unusual, but I like it. I can't wait to see the car in a more complete state so we can get a full picture of how it will look.

Good work so far, Darrin.

It's definitely unusual, but I like it. I can't wait to see the car in a more complete state so we can get a full picture of how it will look.

It is a hard colour to photogragh. I took them at night under lights. Needs to be seen in the sun light

15 years ago I had a TA22 celica show car painted in a similar Ford Everglad from the EB falcon with gold simmons B45's.

It appeared in 3 different mags and the colour looked crap compared to real life. All 3 photo shoots were done either early morning or late avro with near no sun light.

I actually spotted a new Ford in this colour today (you made me look!) I think it will look good, it will look like a show car though, that's a given. Can't wait to see this finished though, it has been a long road :)

• 3 weeks later...

Update - Every thing turned to shit on the weekend

Car is now all fully primed and rubbed down with 600 grit.

Picked up the car trailer Friday arvo to take it get painted and final rub down with 800 on Saturday for a 6.00am start.

Got a text 9.00pm Friday night saying can not do the car tomorrow. I was shatted!!

My painter mate's boss spat the dummy big time and he can no longer use the the booth on weekends.

Now tring to find another booth or maybe a new painter. If I get a new painter it be at least 2 weeks till they can fit me in