SAU Community

Twin Scroll Vs Single

cheers joe but i think im gona go the gt3582r twin scroll from fullrace, good price at $1395, guess it will prob cost a fair bit more by the time it gets here from the states. does anyone know if there is a Aus distributor for the 35r TS or is the custom ATP rear the only one?

I would reconsider choosing the ts gt35 over the alternatives... the ts rear housing is very large and obscures much of the core making it very difficult to get spanners onto. The casting quality from ATP is quite poor as well (purely cosmetic though). I have photos of the gt35 ts and bw options if you want to compare.

Keep in mind shipping from full race will cost you 150-200US, plus the wire transfer fee's and taxes when it lands.

Maybe talk to gcg,

Remember mate, on top of the twin scroll ull need to buy two waste gates, I got 2

Tial ones from full race for 500..

And setting the plumbing up on a twin scroll is goin to be pricey as well...

Other things to note with the twin scroll from full race is that ur

power steering reservoir will need locating

I personally had to chop a bit of reinforcement out of my bonnet cause the turbo sat high (not sure if that's due to the turbo or manifold, or both)

My a/c compressor no longer fits as it fouls on the manifold

And if u plan on running twin afm with a greddy "Y" pipe u will probably have to remove ur window washer bottles to fit ur intake

I found the same, the turbo sits higher than the motor - something anyone with an rb30 in a gtr would need to keep in mind.

so would the gt35r TS 1.06 rear be quicker/same/slower spool time to regular gt35r SS? maby the precision turbo 6262 with the T4 .84 is the better option then? its $999 plus $600 for ball bearing..

the problem is garrett dont make a 1.06 TS housing, the ATP housing is the only option and as DCIEVE said its not the greatest quality housing or easiest to work on. i have one on a hks cast manifold and to seperate the turbo from the manifold i have to remove the manifold and turbo from the motor, take the compressor housing off (which is missing 1 bolt where it fouls on the ATP housing) and then attempt to undo the housing bolts....

Just to go back to the complexity issue, I think thats a very valid point and I think that this picture of my set-up confirms what sort of work you will need if you want to stay dedicated to the twin scroll and run twin wastegates. As I've said before I run the full Race set-up with the ATP made 1.06 Rear. The casting on my turbo was quite good compared to others, so they may have fixed issues that DCIEVE brought up earlier. I haven't checked lately if they use the new GTX3582R internals, but is worth looking into if you are going down that path.

IMG_1197.jpg

More pics in my thread. If you have any questions in regard to how the setup went feel free to ask.

is the garrett turbo good enough for it to be worth it? dont mind if its a pain in the ass to fit, aslong as its going to give me the best results.

There is a back to back test betwen the 1.06 t4 ts reared gt35 and bw s300sx 83-75 on the evo forums with pretty much identical results. I'll dig it up.

they do look pretty good, do they make there own TS rears? noticed on the FP HTA GT3582R it has a 1.00 T4 divied rear, would it be the same as the ATP?

I have a HTA3586 from FP and it runs a T4 TS 1.00 marked with Garrett. Pretty sure the ATP one is 1.06. My garret one looks like a normal Garrett housing with no problems..

AFAIK Garrett have never made a twin scroll turbine housing for the GT35 turbine in a small frame turbo - which is what a GT3582R is .

I think you'd be better off with a GT4088R or even a T04Z because at least you can get propper TS T4 flanged housings made for their turbines . Plus they both use the larger frame and ball bearing center section . Jeez even a BB T04 60-1 is at least correct housings for its wheels even if the wheels are long in the tooth .

Twin ext gate twin scroll is fabbed semi race car stuff that most will never use , TS IW is the only practical hope because its the easiest and cheapest method for the end user to apply . It works but only economies of scale through a big manufacturer using it as OE could make it happen .

A .

think im going to go with the FP HTA GT3582R Ball Bearing with the 1.00 t4 TS rear, with the billet fron wheel and extented front blades, i think it will be the most responsive setup i can go. ive already ordered a 6boost manifold with one gate port, think for my setup the extra money for the twin gate setup can be better spent else where.

I have a HTA3586 from FP and it runs a T4 TS 1.00 marked with Garrett. Pretty sure the ATP one is 1.06. My garret one looks like a normal Garrett housing with no problems..

how responsive is the 3586?

think im going to go with the FP HTA GT3582R Ball Bearing with the 1.00 t4 TS rear, with the billet fron wheel and extented front blades, i think it will be the most responsive setup i can go. ive already ordered a 6boost manifold with one gate port, think for my setup the extra money for the twin gate setup can be better spent else where.

how responsive is the 3586?

Turbos going on a FJ20 1600 so no RB data sorry..

• 1 month later...

R33 RB25DET series 2

550cc Deatschwerks injectors.

Bosch 984 Fuel Pump

Z32 AFM

Plazmaman FMIC

GT3076 ATP 0.82 Twinscroll

HKS Cast Manifold Extrude Honed, 50mm HKS Ext Gate

3inch straight through exhaust mid + rear oval mufflers

Venom 100cell Cat

Tuned on Shell V-power 98ron

Boost 22.5psi 4100rpm dropping to 19.5psi 6400rpm