SAU Community

Rb25det Series 2 In R32 Wiring Help

I am in the middel of swapping a RB25det series 2 in my Skyline R32. I already labeled the wires on the incabin plug (dash plug) but I still don't understand the power feed.

Here is how I believe it should go :

ECU ----> On the incabin plug there is a Black/White wire ( ECCS Power Relay). This wire should be connected to the Black/White wire (12V const. to ECCS relay) from the 8 pin plug near the P/S in the engine bay. So it will be Black/White (engine bay) ---TO---> Black/White (incabin).

IGN ----> I read that the Series 2 doesn't have IGN to coil relay. I traced the Black/Red wire from the ECU and I see it splits in 2 other wires 1. Gery wire that leads to the injector plug and 2. a Black/Red wire that leads to the incabin plug. Now I believe that the injectors get there power from the ECU. So I will not need the 12v IGN to coil relay wire (Thick Black/Red wire) from the engine bay plug. I read that the 12v wire should connect to the Red wire (pin 4) on the incabin plug, but I see I don't have this (think it's because I have a Series 2).

Coils ----> I found he coil plug. There are 6 wires that go to the ECU and also a a Black(ground?) and White(12V power feed?). Just like the IGN I believe the coils get power from the ECU.

If there is someone that has done a RB25 series 2 swap I really hop you can help me with this.

Carlos Rudolph

for the r33 rb25 models.

theres a socket in the dashboard ares...

as i remember,*if im not mistaken*you just need a couple of wires to start up the rb25det engine.

the Direct power, ignition, ground, and the power for the injectors.

found some info....

have alook.

http://www.rbforums.org/pdfs/RB25DET%20int...ing%20guide.pdf

for the r33 rb25 models.

theres a socket in the dashboard ares...

as i remember,*if im not mistaken*you just need a couple of wires to start up the rb25det engine.

the Direct power, ignition, ground, and the power for the injectors.

found some info....

have alook.

http://www.rbforums.org/pdfs/RB25DET%20int...ing%20guide.pdf

I have a Series 2 RB25 so I don't have a IGN to coil relay. I don't have the IGN relay power (pin 4). So I still don't know how the IGN gets power.

usually, the IGN means that when u twist ur key, then lights are on in ur dash meter and the ecu is also getting ready to manage the engine.

IGN doesnt mean that it connects directly to the Ignition.

the main wires supply current to the coils,

the IGN wire acts as a trigger to start controlling the car.

try find a wire that is red with black stripes.

most likely thats the ign wire.

usually, the IGN means that when u twist ur key, then lights are on in ur dash meter and the ecu is also getting ready to manage the engine.

IGN doesnt mean that it connects directly to the Ignition.

the main wires supply current to the coils,

the IGN wire acts as a trigger to start controlling the car.

try find a wire that is red with black stripes.

most likely thats the ign wire.

Should I connect a 12V wire to the Black/red wire (IGN switch) and tot the coils (white wire)? The Black/red wire splites up and goes to the incabin plug and to the injectors. This wire should get power for the injectors but I'm not sure if the power comes from the ECU (keep in mind I have a series 2)

The ECU doesn't give power to anything.. it receives power and switches some things to ground to start other things. That should be fairly obvious. The ECCS and IGN relays each have 2 pins power, the other 2 go back to the ECU.

Here is your basic diagram for the power: http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/...erfc-faq.htm#56

As stated, down near the ECU, all it needs is to power the coils when the ECU grounds pin 16 (through coil relay - IGN printed on it), 12v to ECCS (which gives power to the ECU), 12v power to injectors, and the start wire (key switches pin 43 on the ECU) and the engine will start up. All the gauges, extra sensor inputs, etc are a little optional to start with, and can be sorted at least once you have the engine started.

I hope you have a multimeter to check each point is receiving 12v when it should. Also it can be usedd to check continuinty from point to point (buzzes if connection from one point to another)

Yes, IGN is not necessarily full key, but second last key position (all accessories on). When you turn the key to the start position pin 43 receives 12v and the whole shebang starts.

To be honest, if these things are a little confusing, i think it may be time to pay an auto-electrician to get it all at least starting. You've been at it for months now :( I am sure there must be some smart ones in the Netherlands out there :) - the RB25det wiring is not super complicated compared to modern cars and similar to the concept in other cars of the 1990's.

To be honest, if these things are a little confusing, i think it may be time to pay an auto-electrician to get it all at least starting. You've been at it for months now :( I am sure there must be some smart ones in the Netherlands out there :/ - the RB25det wiring is not super complicated compared to modern cars and similar to the concept in other cars of the 1990's.

I agree and have said the same thing but he won't listen. If you struggle with the basics I REALLY think it is time to pay an auto-electrican.

I have done the conversion!! Series 2 into R32!

Its piss easy! I plugged mine straight in!

All you have to do is send both your looms to a guy 'BH_SLO32' on this forum, pay him some money, have it sent back, plug it in and TURN THE KEY!!!

Simple as that!!!

:thumbsup:

All you have to do is send both your looms to a guy 'BH_SLO32' on this forum, pay him some money, have it sent back, plug it in and TURN THE KEY!!!

Simple as that!!!

:thumbsup:

That sounds like my kinda loom :)

Simple as that!!!

:)

Thanks Mat! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I finished the harnes but the spark plugs aren't sparking. I have a series 2 and it doesn't have a ignitor chip. I left the 12V IGN to Coil relay (enigne bay) wire unconnected, shoudl I connect the wires on the coil plug? This is the only problem the injectors are getting power and the fuel pump works fine. Hope someone can help.

I have an RB25 series II into R32 loom I bought off somebody that had it on his car until he crashed drifting. I didn't know it was series II when I bought it so now I can't use it for my spare. Let me know if you want it.