SAU Community

R34 Gtt.....auto To Manual Conversion. Help Please!

Hi guys,

Its been on my mind for such a long time and finally I've decided to manual my r34 sedan. Just have a lot of questions which need to be answered lol.

Firstly what box would be best to put in? I know obviously a r34 gtt box will fit along with a R33 gtst box but will a r33 gtr box fit? Anyone know the differences?

As for the diff would the auto diff be fine with the manual box and what is the difference between the r34 clutch and brake pedals compared to the r33.

Also with a r33 gearbox installed would the r34 leather surrounding fit?

Car is currently running 190kw with the auto what would should i except to run with the manual? What would be the best clutch to use?

Ive been quoted $2500 drive in drive out, with a excedy heavy duty clutch and a r33 gearbox. Is this a good price?

Cheers guys any help would be great, anyone whos gone through it your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again :P

Edited by DRFT31

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Its been on my mind for such a long time and finally I've decided to manual my r34 sedan. Just have a lot of questions which need to be answered lol.

Firstly what box would be best to put in? I know obviously a r34 gtt box will fit along with a R33 gtst box but will a r33 gtr box fit? Anyone know the differences?

I dont think the GTR box would be an easy or cheap option but 6 gears would be great if you have the money :devil:

As for the diff would the auto diff be fine with the manual box and what is the difference between the r34 clutch and brake pedals compared to the r33.

Auto Diff will be fine I think the only difference is the ratio. Its refered to as a Strengthend R200 (open Diff) for the Non turbo auto or manual or a Strengthend R200V on the turbo (LSD) for auto or manual.

The pedal box will fit except only 4 of the 5 mounting bolts will line up the last one needs a longer bolt and a spacer aparently

Also with a r33 gearbox installed would the r34 leather surrounding fit?

?????

Car is currently running 190kw with the auto what would should i except to run with the manual? What would be the best clutch to use?

Manuals lose less power through them than auto's just depends how well serviced your auto was.

Ive been quoted $2500 drive in drive out, with a excedy heavy duty clutch and a r33 gearbox. Is this a good price?

sounds alright to me

Cheers guys any help would be great, anyone whos gone through it your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again :P