Merli

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Andrew!

Glad you've got started :) i've really gotta pull my finger out and do a similar thing.. dont feel like doing it all again do you :( ???

I take it the Cf shaft is going into this one?? Be sure to check the balancing done :) cant trust them American's anymore..

damn that is clean for a 32! looking good mate, serious attention to detail right there... love the LM's... bitch to clean tho hey! I can't stand when they are dirty, almost makes me want to go back to black wheels :(

post-7369-1238729214_thumb.jpg

But Stu doesn't have the "GTR 101 excuses" book :P

AHAH i am so glad my post about excuse book in SAU track day thread has brought some 'sting' out in you Andrew!!!:ermm:

It seems to have done its job.... glad u knew who i was ultimately referring to!! ;)

Honestly i just want to see you out there again in this weapon!

Your list of 'to dos' u mentioned at Superlap is nothing.... so you have no excuse not to be there!!!

:D

Thanks for the comments :ermm:

Yes it was a very clean car, dead straight chassis rails, and straight suspension, which was paramount if I'm going to barrel down EC straight at 5000 km/h!

Chris: I didn't weigh the tar sound deadening, but I would roughly guess around +/-10kgs? With all the thick carpet stuff, about double that? Definitely not worth it on a road car, but for a race car, the more noise the better! :P Rest assured, there isn't ONE iota of tar left inside that cabin :D

PRO_32: Yeah, Peter did a fantastic job... His attention to detail was definitely more than what I expected. He bent those front legs in 6 places to get them to sit that close to the A-pillar!

Angus_Smart: I'm a little disheartened with that carbon shaft... I haven't even had the heart to remove it from the box after reading that one guy had his shear in half and bang around under his car. I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Yeah, I love those BBS wheels, but they're a little too nice to bash around the track with... So I've replaced them with something a little lighter, and a little wider ;)

Anyway, this is old stuff, there's more to come on the next page!

Nice car, coming along very nicely.

Where did you get the dry ice from? Did you buyt it in the crushed or pellet form?

What did you use to remove all the little bits of tar remaining?

we are already on the next page if you are a 20pp noob

Yea waiting,,,waiting Andrew. I want pics of your exhaust FITTED,,, not sitting on a floor.

Neil.

nice work i am in the same stages at the moment its abit of a struggle to keep long term interest in these projects but im sure it will be worth it in the end :cheers: Are u keeping all the dash/heater etc installed or is it gonna get fully striped out?

i weighed everything as i took it out of mine for anyones interest on weights of various things. These are also from a r32 gtr

rear seat back 6.5kg

rear seat bottom 6.5kg

front ds seat 15kg

front ps seat 15kg

main carpet 6kg

rear trims in back seat 5kg

parcel shelf 1kg

space saver wheel 15kg

boot trims 6kg

jack/toolkit 4kg

boot brackets 3kg

air con/heater/blower fan 10kg

firewall sound deadener 4kg

rear seat belts 2.5kg

spoiler 7.5kg

air con pump 8kg

air con bracket 1.5kg

charcoal canister/bracket 1kg

washer bottle 1kg

hicas pump, engine bay lines 7kg

abs unit 8kg

hicas undercar lines 2kg

cooler piping/bov's 15kg

fusebox loom 7kg

front bumper support 6.5kg

sound deadener 11kg

dash loom 4kg

fuel tank 13kg

interior/attessa/boot loom 6kg

rear wiper motor 2kg

hicas pump rack 9kg

front axles x 2 12kg

sump/front diff 24kg

air con condensor/lines 5kg

battery 15kg

wiring harnesses 8kg

drum brake assemblies 5kg

hicas ecu 2kg

heater hoses 1kg

bumper reinforcements 8kg

transfer case 33kg

oil cooler block 2kg

gtr gearbox with tf case 89kg

Edited by unique1

hehehe... okay, I'm going to go work on the car some more today...

Some more quick photos before I go!

Nice and light Amuse R1 Titan exhaust arrives unannounced at UAS... John thought it was Christmas until I rang and told him it was mine :)

080315_unwrapped.jpg

4.8kgs! :D

080315_weight3.jpg

080315_weight2.jpg

080315_welds.jpg

Mounted (as requested Neil!)

080315_mounted.jpg

Meanwhile, some engine prepping :D

5000km old Garrett GT2560R-5s come off, and smaller GT-SS turbos go on, along with a few other bits and bobs to control the usual oiling issues

R32 > R35 :)

080503_hoist_r35.jpg

080503_engine_front.jpg

080505_turbos.jpg

What tiiiiny little turbos :D

Anyway, I didn't take the best photos of the engine before it went on, so here are some photos of the bits that went on:

080503_oil_drain.jpg

080427_pulleys.jpg