SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Picking the car up just after 5pm this arvo, will upload pic of dyno printout (if they got one, I hope they did) as soon as I get home.

Fark I wish there wasn't so much that went to shit with the car once I dropped it in tho lol, cost of the whole exercise is gonna top $10k

I think the workshop muffed up the wastegate rod adjustment, Stao reckons the wastegate is constantly open a little which would explain why it has such horrible boost curve. VERY happy with the outcome thought, 284rwkw at 15psi is nice.

7YpUY.jpg

ATR43G2 0.82 exhaust 0.60A/R

Flow-wise, take that 284rwkw@15psi as capability of the turbo. Just the boost curve is VERY buggered because the actuator was adjusted by accident. I'm taking it back to workshop tomorrow during lunch to see what I can do to have it sorted out, as Stao pretty much explained exactly what the problem is.

I might also chuck on a 14psi actuator as I'm second-guessing running 18psi through a stock internal RB25, given that 15psi nets me 284rwkw. Either way, I should be seeing full boost by 125 - 135kph in 4th.

I took a video of how the actuator should be adjusted. This must be done every time the actuator bracket or housing position is altered. I've written done the steps in my video description. Its a 5 mints job to do. Will notice massive difference in response once done. Need to get the car checked on dyno once all set correctly.

Well I know the workshop/tuner set a 16psi overboost....so I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'll have to speak to them before I touch anything, coz god knows what the AFR's will be if I let it boost higher.

I hope it's not going to need a retune, coz I'm surely not pocketing that as the wastegate was fiddled with by them...if it's going to need a retune, I think I'll just use a 14psi actuator instead and be happy with the 15psi power, coz it is a lot!

lol THANKS STAO, I'll watch that now so I know what to do :dry: much appreciated!

The actuator I fitted is in 20psi. Should hold around 19psi with no boost controller or 19 psi is the minimum boost you can run once setup correctly. Keep it on 19psi, lot more fun then 15psi :happy: .

How much do those actuators sell for Stao?

If the car's been tuned perfectly with 19 psi it will not cause any problems.

You gonna pay for the rebuild in 18months if that isn't true?

I mean logically his tuner is giving him reasonable advice.

280rwkw is a nice and safe limit for a stock bottom end.

If it were my car i wouldnt be pushing any further either. Just because it makes that power fine now - doesnt mean after a year or two of of it'll still be the same story :happy:

Ditto, good reason my car is tuned for 17psi max on the stock internals - it seems happy enough there but after plugging the numbers into the ECU to keep it happy and safe around that boost level, it was obvious things start getting harder on the engine above that point.... and thats with a generally larger turbo on my car.

Let's not walk past the respectable power output lol.

Yeah the bottom end eating poo will obviously be different for everyone, I'm just happy with the power it's on now.

Once the response issue is resolved and car is put back on rollers to ensure it doesn't lean out in the new cells on the map, the 284rwkw is a very good number for 15psi imo, considering the specs of the car.

i just watched your video on adjusting the preload and I realised I did it wrong I just put it on at the max limit without pulling the rod now I did it your way of half a hole gap and pull it on and wow the boost is coming on so hard now but it is overboosting so guess got to go pay trent a visit to make sure its not getting out of control

Great result Troy! Yup as you said the boost control is definitely not right. Great max power though.

Are you sure you dont have the ATR43G3? I didnt think the G2 would make that power on 15psi??

hahaha, dunno hey! :happy: Ask Stao...but nah it should be the g2

Otherwise just had a bit of a play with the wastegate while on the phone with Stao...I'm gonna need to find a pair of pliers to fiddle with it a bit, it seems to be adjusted correctly but I'm not to happy with the way it moves. I think my workshop have touched something they shouldn't have.

That, and my stock BOV appears to now be atmo. lol there's no plumback line

If the car's been tuned perfectly with 19 psi it will not cause any problems.

What I like is how the boost drops down to 18psi from 6,000rpm onwards, reduces a bit of stress on the engine for the top rpm.