SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

You get full boost by 4300RPMs with RB25det using .82. It pulls lot harder.

If your purposes of buying this turbo is for mild power street use the .63 is fine, But it does get really hot under high boost if you use it for drifting or tracking.

Another small update:

Still remember this ATR43G3 unit with .82 turbine and .70 comp?

atr437082.jpg

Got it dyno tuned today, car mad 298.5rwkws on 21psi with miss-fire. Only done 2 runs, car miss-fired very bad after, we changed plugs cleaned coils and nothing helped. I will give another try with splitfire coils in few weeks. I didn't grab the dynosheet this time. But dyno footage with 3 people in the boot is worth to look at:

(click on photo below to watch that video footage)

Also my engine comp shown:

130, 125, 125, 120, 125, 119

Next run will be with a new forged engine :miner:

Another small update:

atr437082.jpg

Got it dyno tuned today, car mad 298.5rwkws on 21psi with miss-fire. Only done 2 runs, car miss-fired very bad after, we changed plugs cleaned coils and nothing helped. I will give another try with splitfire coils in few weeks. I didn't grab the dynosheet this time. But dyno footage with 3 people in the boot is worth to look at:

(click on photo below to watch that video footage)

Also my engine comp shown:

130, 125, 125, 120, 125, 119

Next run will be with a new forged engine :miner:

nice power how much for the turbo? and what mods does it require to bolt up

Peak power was around 7000RPM. Check the 2nd run with people in the boot.

Power rise till red line, the curve is very similar to the 268rwkws run with restrictive intake and the 316rwkws run on with the sil180.

car was not strapped with wheel spin, Reved to 7000RPM as usual.

Another small update:

atr437082.jpg

Next run will be with a new forged engine :)

These are the ones i wanna see more of :) 0.82 has a better power torque balance than 0.63.

I think this turbo is the same as my ATR28g4. Getting slightly better spool now with my alternator changed. Hitting 1 bar just after 4000rpm with no boost controller. 10psi Actuator with heap of preload

Further updates:

Apart from turbochargers our engineers are also dedicated in to engine building, how ever I'll not provide this service to the public. I will show every one how it’s done and costs involved. Any useful advise is welcomed.

Primary goal:

This engine will be used for our turbocharger evaluation pusposes, My goal is 350rwkws.

This engine will be built with stock cams using forged pistons only, so Power vs Boost generated from it would be identical to any other healthy standard RB25dets.

Engine:

96 model RB25det engine bought from local wrecker.

1.jpg

2.jpg

An hour later its in bits:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Cracked piston in cyc 6. But bore seems to be in ok condition

6.jpg

5.jpg

I’ll be using forged CP 20 thou over sized RB25det pistons with rings and pins. The piston set cost $1150 AUD.

7.jpg

Engine block's been sent away to Reflex engine services. Its going to cost $260 to re-bore all 6 cyc with block thermo bathed. Engine head cost $250 to trim and bath.

Also for people whom owns a pair of CT12a Powered 1JZ Soarers. We can high flow them to 2860rs Disco CHRA specifications in sleeve bearing:

ct12acomp.jpg

ct12aturbine.jpg

ct12aside.jpg