SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

How does the dump fit with a different core on the turbo? or are the cores the same length?

Every thing fits the way it was, they are still your OEM housings. The T2x bearing housing is few mms short. But it doesn't affect installation.

Can possibly high flow it with a BDR351 Comp wheel working with GT45 turbine wheel. Should pump out 1200HP. What sort of housing is it in?

not sure on the rear housing size havent checked yet i would only want it to flow 1000hp anyway would the rear wheel even need changing for that?

not sure on the rear housing size havent checked yet i would only want it to flow 1000hp anyway would the rear wheel even need changing for that?

Depending on the engine size, for 1000HP you will need a 1.2 A/R turbine housing, and 87mm 85T turbine wheel. The T04Z runns of a 74mm 76T turbine wheel which is rated to 700HP, so it needs to go up in size.

Either way its not a cheap exercise so unless your T04Z is blown, its probably worth selling it and buy the T51R which we can supply at a very reasonable price.

Every thing fits the way it was, they are still your OEM housings. The T2x bearing housing is few mms short. But it doesn't affect installation.

My concern with that is if both cores ar 2-3mm shorter than the gap between the turbos opens up 4-6mm, thats enough to mean that double layered gaskets will be needed or it will leak like a sieve.

Very good result for stock Rb20det, how come its so wavy on the top? ignition problems?

It's a hub dyno so they don't have the power dampened by the rollers which usually smooths out the curve... Plus RB20's always have a bit of a wavy top end

No ignition problems at all (had a lot more boost it in and didn't miss at all)

This was with a G2 in .63, My engine blew up on dyno during the next run. Even thou that made the power and response, I still prefer .82 for high performance RB25det. unless if that was a 3576 profile.

.63 works out ok on RB20dets.

You find Rb25det with .82 rear makes power lot easier with less boost and lot less heat.

What would lag be like though? Could it make 250kw at 120kph / 4500rpm ish like that does?

only cos for me i wouldnt be at the top of 4th much on track if at all (drift), or road so thats why i was thinking the .63 could be better for that reason?

Edited by raZ1911