SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It does look like the diagram has been rehosted, albeit a new version. Still factually incorrect unfortunately.

Quite amazing how that is even possible when I've already told him HOW it was wrong to begin with.

Have a look at the 2nd diagram, then look at my first reply and I am quiote confident even someone with grade 5 maths can work it out.

Perpendicular in the real work, parallel in the picture description. Fact remains the diagram is still wrong and blatantly sladering products.

Not ALL split dumps are bad. Such a blatant and incorrect comment should never have been made.

It does ....... made.

Stao's referring to the ebay model as you can see in the photo. We all got the idea of why it doesn't work, you don't have to be a smart ass telling every one he's dawning is not up to spec, and I don't see your 10 years turbo experience solved any member's potential problems or he will not be posting this. So keep your shit to your self, no one’s interested in it, don't post any crap unless its helpful to make things better.

just my 2c

Yeh dude, seriously dont write crap that is not useful, Tao is here to help us SAU'rs in turbos. I've had Tao's turbo's for years now, ive used it on a track and has never done any damage, I will be posting up dyno graphs soon of my new tune with a new highflow, Im using a cheap chinese dump pipe where it had a divider in it, i had to take mine off to fit it in my .63 rear housing.

Cheers,

Geraus.

Stao's referring to the ebay model as you can see in the photo. We all got the idea of why it doesn't work, you don't have to be a smart ass telling every one he's dawning is not up to spec, and I don't see your 10 years turbo experience solved any member's potential problems or he will not be posting this. So keep your shit to your self, no one’s interested in it, don't post any crap unless its helpful to make things better.

just my 2c

Not upto spec? Factually incorrect is what the diagram is. If highlighting incorrect information is being a "smartass" then god help us all.

It would appear you do still do not understand the key flaw in said diagram. Fair enough, but that does not mean that other more educated users won't come along and understand.

Everyone is interested about factual & correct information. Something which I have cleared up here (even if Hypergear refuse to take down incorrect diagrams).

Yeh dude, seriously dont write crap that is not useful, Tao is here to help us SAU'rs in turbos.

Not useful? Highlighting factually incorrect information is very important to expand ones knowledge. Were it not done, users would have been mislead/misinformed (once again).

Now the information is there, anyone that thought it was correct advice now knows that it is not, hence why I felt the need to post where I rarely would. Some less educated users would have taken the "experts" word as gospel when sadly it is far from it.

Guys I would like to keep this thread clean with information on turbo profiles and results only.

My diagram is not up to spec, just simply drawing so people get the idea. Please do so if you would like to draw a more detailed and specific diagram.

No more arguments about the drawing. Thank you all.

Please let me know if any one's welling to evaluate the new turbine wheel. Free dyno tune at Dr.drift for people with adequate mods.

Small update. This is from a customer's skyline running ATR43G2 in our .82 bolton turbine housing with restrictive intake pipe and stock airbox which resulted in boost drop. Not the best but I think its still a good overall result in comparing power curve with some of the OP6 high flows, and the power band still rises at 7000RPM, will make lot more power with a free flow 3inch metal intake pipe and a pod filter.

atr43g3822668rwkw.jpg

This is my car.

I've finished the intake now (3" metal pipe with bov return and breather line welded into it, to pod filter) and it made a HUGE difference. Boost comes on about 500rpms earlier and holding boost strong untill redline.

Gimma a couple of weeks and I'll have it dyno'd again, should see some nice gains! :P

Stao - Can you do anything with Toyota CT-12a's (1JZ twin turbo)

edit - just read through your website, how much to do 2x CT12's and what is done to them?

Stao - Can you do anything with Toyota CT-12a's (1JZ twin turbo)

edit - just read through your website, how much to do 2x CT12's and what is done to them?

Andrew you have not even picked up the car yet and you doing the turbos. I LIKE YOUR STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Have to modify toyota housings to suit Garrett bearing housing first, then profile them to suit larger wheels. They can be high flowed to some thing close to a 2060rs disco. you will need new water and oil lines once done.

Very similar to this:

ct20s.jpg