SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This is a PU max power profile running 3576 56T spec profile with big can actuator (made a cusome bracket to have it fit), running .82 turbine housing internally gated with gate controller. I don't believe it is possible to high flow any more then that. Will do around 285rwkws at 20psi.

r33pumax1.jpg

r33pumax2.jpg

what ive gathered so far is

custom 3582 .63 rear

atr43g2 .82

atr43g3. 82

will achive my goal, would an atr43g2 .63 rear or an 3582 .82 rear also do it

sorry for all the Qs i like to do my homework

what would u recomend, response in mind 18psi 270 300rwkw

Depending on who's dyno you go to. to get genuine 300rwkws at about 18~20 psi you need 3582 .82 profile. To run that on road you need to get your self a set of adjustable cam gears (ebay ones will do) Or very laggy.

Else run the 3076 spec profile in .82 turbine. This is a common profile that most of our customers use. It maxes around 300rwkws on about 23psi, but you can get about 270~280rwkws at 19psi. Its lot more responsive then the 3582 profile.

Or We can build ATR43G2 in .63 turbine. Very responsive, 20psi by 3800RPM. maxes around 270rwkws on about 18psi.

else custom 3576 profile in .63 turbine. This profile is probably more suitable for every day driving while still have this strong acceleration pulse as the 3582 at lot lower RPMs, But does not archive as much top end. It will max around 290rwkws with .63 housing on about 20psi of boost with wastegate controller.

Depending on who's dyno you go to. to get genuine 300rwkws at about 18~20 psi you need 3582 .82 profile. To run that on road you need to get your self a set of adjustable cam gears (ebay ones will do) Or very laggy.

Else run the 3076 spec profile in .82 turbine. This is a common profile that most of our customers use. It maxes around 300rwkws on about 23psi, but you can get about 270~280rwkws at 19psi. Its lot more responsive then the 3582 profile.

Or We can build ATR43G2 in .63 turbine. Very responsive, 20psi by 3800RPM. maxes around 270rwkws on about 18psi.

else custom 3576 profile in .63 turbine. This profile is probably more suitable for every day driving while still have this strong acceleration pulse as the 3582 at lot lower RPMs, But does not archive as much top end. It will max around 290rwkws with .63 housing on about 20psi of boost with wastegate controller.

hey Stao, in your 2nd paragraph, about the 3076 spec profile... whats that turbo? is that the atr43 G3 .82 profile ur talkin about there? if not what is it, i think i want one haha. and price if its not the atr43 g3 please.

Thanks

Stao,

Still having extreme lag problems. I have gone over every silicon connector in the car no leaks.I have added even more pre load and this only adds a little extra to the max boost it will run 10psi actuator with pre load holding 12psi. I spent the weekend tunning the spool areas of the fuel and timing maps and this has not helped at all. Not getting 10psi until after 5000rpm

Any ideas?

Hi Guys. I'm installing a ATR43SS-2 to my own car at moment. Will post few photos and dyno sheet shortly. I believe this would be a perfect combination of response, power and torque for every day road use.

Blaikier: Depending on your oil feeding line. Its fine to use If it does not have a oil retractor valve. We can have the turbo build with identical thread size as your fitting lines, So every thing bolt on with no modifications.

Daz: That is ATR43G3. Its in same spec as a 3076 56T in .82 turbine. Full boost at 4300RPM 4th Gear. Not the most responsive turbo in the ATR43 range but good for mid and top range power.

Crane: The ATR28G4 .82 should definitely be more responsive then that. I'm not sure why its unexpected laggy on yours. If you want you can send it back for a .OP6 .63 rear housing at no charge, which normally kicks in full around 3800RPM.

there got to be something with my car causing it. Can an oil issue cause extreme lag? i noticed when installing the turbo the oil return line was a tight fit. could be kinked or something ill have to check on the weekend

Well if oil line is kinked its very bad for the turbo, can starve the bearings. If the wastegate is shut tight with no intake restrictions then turbo side is fine. Any way like I mentioned, you are welcome to send it back to swap for a smaller housing when you want to.

Just had the ATR43SS-2 installed.

cp.jpg

It was a very straight forward install I didn't had any issues with water lines or any thing in that sort.

manifold.jpg

turboincar.jpg

turboincarwater.jpg

turboincaroil.jpg

thincar.jpg

Its currently running on 14psi on my old tune with ATR43G4. Super responsive, full boost by 2800RPM, 2nd gear wheel spinning from 3800RPM all the way to red line. This is ideal for people who's after a fast responding street performance turbo with excellent driving ability.

I will see dr.drift some times coming week to do a quick tune for max power, I'm expecting around 250rwkws.

Compare to ATR43G4 it is heaps more responsive. How ever does not have that strong acceleration pulse after 4500RPM nor the top end power to keep wheels spinning on 3rd gear accleration.

Not a drag racing turbo, but excellent for every day road use, and drifting.

Stao,

Can you please let me know the cost of the smaller housing and new vband clamp for the dump and a new clip to hold the actuator arm onto the wastegate flap. I eventually will be going a 3L block with external gate so i could reuse this housing later on.

Well if oil line is kinked its very bad for the turbo, can starve the bearings. If the wastegate is shut tight with no intake restrictions then turbo side is fine. Any way like I mentioned, you are welcome to send it back to swap for a smaller housing when you want to.

Just had the ATR43SS-2 installed.

cp.jpg

It was a very straight forward install I didn't had any issues with water lines or any thing in that sort.

manifold.jpg

turboincar.jpg

turboincarwater.jpg

turboincaroil.jpg

thincar.jpg

Its currently running on 14psi on my old tune with ATR43G4. Super responsive, full boost by 2800RPM, 2nd gear wheel spinning from 3800RPM all the way to red line. This is ideal for people who's after a fast responding street performance turbo with excellent driving ability.

I will see dr.drift some times coming week to do a quick tune for max power, I'm expecting around 250rwkws.

Compare to ATR43G4 it is heaps more responsive. How ever does not have that strong acceleration pulse after 4500RPM nor the top end power to keep wheels spinning on 3rd gear accleration.

Not a drag racing turbo, but excellent for every day road use, and drifting.

This sounds like just the turbo for me Stao!

What is that one worth supplied with all braided water and oil lines?

im guessing that is his adapter that he has made 2 fit his turbos 2 the 5bolt flange pattern for factory dump or after market?

The 3076 .82 in 52T or the ATR43G2 .82 would be the ideal setup for easy boost control as well as solid mid and top range for RB25det. Will make 20psi around 4300RPM and max around 280rwkws.

Cran: For a OP6 turbine housing we can supply for $250, including machinery work to suit your turbine wheel and return shipping. How ever you need to send the turbo back to get that done.

Random_I_AM: We can supply braided oil feeding line for this model. All you need is oil feeding line. Stock water lines fits. ATR43 has OEM flange pattern engineered to suit factory setup. Its actually engineered in a way which can be made to suit any sort of dump pipe patterns.