SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Driver fail.

Pretty much! I'm sure it has the potential to break into the 12's.

One day when im bored i might get hold of some stock rear shockies and dampers. Instead of either bogging down or lighting the tyres up every time, it might absorb some of the initial shock and grip a little better.

I need to also get some new bushes for my diff, helps with dreaded axle tramp apparently. I know for sure one of them are knackered.

Years ago my sil180 with 230rwkws got up to 13.4sec quarter driven by dr drift.

I'm no expert, Just personal experiences, need avoid that big wheel spin in 2nd going fast , ease a little throttle actually get better acceleration time. I got a D-box, its a very good toy for practice launches and quarters.

2ndly a proper manifold and ex gate setup would help heaps with up top torque, I felt that straight way after installation, will pick up more HP too. That top end torque would definitely help getting better times.

Also BB research is so far at a level that I'm pretty confident with. I have 2 more sets of bearings and can convert any G series to rollers for $200. in case of failure I will refund the $200 price difference and rebuild it back into brass bearings. Please let me know if interesting in trailing.

The wheelspin into 2nd won't really affect trap speeds though, if anything the heavier throttle/looser my runs the better the trap speed - big bogs were the main thing that seemed to cost me mph

Yep I also think a slippery launch still nets decent MPH, bogging out is more likely to cost you speed than spinning a little.

Stao does $200 also apply to my SS1PU?

Usually if you take off faster or your 60ft is lower your trap speeds will be lower

The shitter you take off bad launch high 60ft will net you higher trap speeds Aslong as you don't miss any gears and are flat foot till the end

Further updates:

Today I've trailed our SS1PU and Roller bearing SS2. Both Externally gated and E85 Results are below.

SS1PU maxed out at 322rwkws with peek boost of 20psi. This turbo is super responsive as usual.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

The Roller bearing SS2. I believe This is probably the best turbocharger that with the perfect balance of power and response for a stock Rb25det. brilliant on road driveability. It maxed at 374rwkws with 22psi of boost.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

We compared few runs against it including our new ATR-SL20.5G, 25.5G, as well as Bush V BB. Will upload bit later.

Awesome results Stao

How do these compare to the Ceramic bearing turbos?

Also let me know about that oil feed fitting from the block to turbo :) Might need it in the next 2 weeks :D

Compare to the older ball bearing setup, the difference in oil drag won't make enough differences that can be picked up by the dyno. I would call the latest more reliable, as harmonic vibration separation has taken into account. means the shaft harmonics is not affected by engine harmonics while both are spinning at high speed. I've spent many late nights and time getting that working.

89cal: The engine fitting has been sent. See how it goes, send it back for upgrade if there are any issues.

This is SS2 Ball Bearing V SS2 bush bearing. Please note today's dyno run used an proper externally gated setup while the older run had an external gate plumb back setup. There shouldn't be any differences in top end assume both runs are based on the same setup. On the same time, evidence in differences between plumb back and atmospheric ventilation.

vsbushpower.jpg

vsbushboost.jpg

What were the rear housing size differences and what fuel?

The ATRSL20.5/25.5/STDSL220G are all based in a 10CM turbine

SS1PU is in a .86 turbine

SS2BB is in a .82 turbine.

All on externally gated setup with E85 Fuel.

I just got my Hi Flow turbo finally delivered, how much shaft play should there be?

I'm used to buy new turbo's, so used to almost zero, I'mm getting pretty much 1mm of side movement, not even the old RB20 turbo I have sitting here has that much, nor the VG30 BB one here either.

Maybe once it's had some oil through it and run up it will change, but it sounds awfully noisy moving the wheel around!

*edit

Ran some Moreys oil stabiliser through the oil feed and sealed it up to stand for a bit, seems to flow a lot better with less movement, forgot a bush bearing uses oil to basically centralise it and float on.

Cary on !

Edited by Brett_J

Yes when they are assembled brand new the bearings are dry. Once oil goes in it will be fine.

This is some modifications done to a G3 compressor housings that is made to accelerate the discharge velocity. Will do some trail on that soon as long with roller bearing assembly.

comp.JPG

Photo of SS2 High flowed into M35'S VQ25 turbocharger with 38mm internal wastegate.

comp.JPG

turbine.JPG

comp.JPG

^^^^^

Updates on the G3 profile. I've done a trail run with the G3 today using compressor assembly above with roller bearing cartridge I have to say it is amazing. the response is at least 300RPMs more advanced with heaps better throttle response. Any one with a current G3 in Melbourne is more then welcome for a test drive.

Will be hitting the dyno next week for an comparative run against original G3. Once done I will be happy to swap it with a current G3 customer at no cost.

Will be hitting the dyno next week for an comparative run against original G3. Once done I will be happy to swap it with a current G3 customer at no cost.

:action-smiley-069: does G2.5 count? more then happy to swing by for hyper wagon fun this weekend. You be working?

For the G2.5/PU high flow I can only mod it into roller bearings but this comp profile is only suitable for G3.

The new G3 has a different comp housing profile. made to accelerate the discharging velocity, I can definitely feel the differences on road. The effects of it on top end power band is unsure so will hit Trents for one more dyno run.