SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

With Mickey Thompsons try closer to 5500rpm launch mate.

I wish i could have changed it on the night but i didnt bring the laptop with me.

having the dampers set all the way down isnt necessarily helping. thats not how suspension actually works.

you want the car to absorb some part of the power and to squat plus stay squatted.

having your damper set to zero is just gonna let the car bounce and rob you of power off the line whilst inducing wheelspin.

turn the dampers back up until you can feel the car solidly squat and stay down on a decent launch. A nice firm squat, not a free fall to the floor.

Thanks, I'll try this next time, is there no point changing the spring rates for the rear? Has BC racing BR coilies with 6kg on the rears as standard i believe.

What was your 60ft? With worn semi slicks and circuit spec Bilsteins I ran a 12.9 @114mph with a 2.2 60ft with about 234rwkws. I didnt launch the car hard as was worried about std RB20 box. Just ride the clutch and touch the limiter in 1st if you are getting wheelspin and shift smoothly, not snatching or you just rip skids :)

LOL, thats my advice having done all of about 10 qtr mile runs in my life :) (oh my car weighed 1345kgs with 10L of fuel in it at PI weighbridge)

2.325 sec. Yea i did tend to just hammer through the gears, and when i changed back to my federal RSR's they did lose a bit of traction..

its definitely a balance between spring rate and damper control, but thats not to say you wont be able to improve on it without changing the springs.

keep the car focused on its primary use and work with with youve got for the rest.

for me im building my car for mostly circuit and hill climbs, so the suspension is mostly thought out for that but i will be fiddling with settings to try and do my best at the strip. things i can change then change back.

That's funny landscribble. I went to willowbank a couple of months ago and got 13.6 @ 109 as my best time too. Same turbo as you, was 355whp on 18psi, 98ron at the time. First time to the drags, so very terrible 60fts, I'm no good at launching at all, but still had a great time and learned a lot. Although from what I'm told my end mph won't vary much except if power or weight significantly changes, even if I learn to launch properly.

Although from what I'm told my end mph won't vary much except if power or weight significantly changes, even if I learn to launch properly.

Provided you squeeze it down the whole run that is correct.

Quicker you get to the end the slower your mph

Back to back on the same car you mean? It would have to be a fairly drastic time difference though I think.

Last time I was at the drags I was watching 8s fail off the line and do a 14, then link it up right and do a low 12. Traps both runs within 1 or 2mph.

Surely an RB25 at ~250rwkws, which would be rather tractable power at that level could bag an EASY 115mph given an R33-34 weight and a 2.4sec 60ft time? I know I ranged between 112-114mphfor my 13.4-12.9 runs with a 234rwk. Difference was the 2.4 and 2.2 60ft times

Been busy lately modifying the TD06xx turbine housing to suit my current manifold and dump, and finally got every thing fitting up nicely:

compwheel.JPG

turbine.JPG

installed.JPG

Above is our billet SL2 20G. I will refer it as XTDSL2-B20G

With the current SS2's tune this turbo is very responsive. Feels very similar to the SS1PU, Tune is booked on For Tuesday. I'm hopping for close to the 350rwkws mark.

lol cant believe they are playing breaking benjamin at the drags. thats awesome.

landscribble who tuned the car? the run looks/sounds indicative of the power your trap suggests.

Been busy lately modifying the TD06xx turbine housing to suit my current manifold and dump, and finally got every thing fitting up nicely:

compwheel.JPG

turbine.JPG

installed.JPG

Above is our billet SL2 20G. I will refer it as XTDSL2-B20G

With the current SS2's tune this turbo is very responsive. Feels very similar to the SS1PU, Tune is booked on For Tuesday. I'm hopping for close to the 350rwkws mark.

Are you saying SS1pu response with 350rwkw on 98 or is this an E85 estimate?

Sounds pretty impressive either way :)

With the new billet 20G comp wheel, I did a trail run with it using a much larger turbine and it stopped making power at 344rwkws. So assume the SL2 turbine can out flow the compressor then it should make no differences in peek power, while getting much better response. I will complete the ext gate trail on the SS1PU and do a comparison on both compare to a standard cast SL2 20G.

Some update for today's tune, We've tuned both billet 20G and 25G with SL2 10CM turbine. (Happy birthday to Trent by the way :P ).

First the Sl220G, or I should call it Sl220.5G since I've fitted the SS2's comp wheel. It maxed out at 348rwkws at 20psi (peek 22psi).

20gpower.jpg

20gboost.jpg

20gafr.jpg

Nice and fat power band. Good response with plenty of mid range torque.

And this is our billet T67.5 with a customized profiled 25G wheel. It did match expectation as its made 390rwkws by 7000RPMs on stock cams. my 3inch exhaust with external gate plumb back becomes restrictive at this point, with a 3.5inch exhaust and an atomspherical external gate I should be able to rid of that dip up top and just touch 400rwkws.

Compare to Ebay T67, This one is slightly laggier, Lot more power in mid and upper range. I didn't have to rev it over 8000RPMs to get that power either.

t67power.jpg

t67boost.jpg

Stao do you have cam gears in your car? Power peaking in your car at 6800 is unusual for a T67, all the other results have made power right up and past 8000rpm. All your results seem to have strong late mid range and then fall over top end, cam gear timing is the only thing I can think of? Have you talked to Trent about it, I do remembering him commenting on something similar in the past

Good result, would hammer!

Edited by SimonR32

Thanks for the comment. The comp wheel blade is quite different to the 25G, and I was hopping to get that power without doing 8000RPMs+. The car has stock cam gears. Cams are very maxed. I have a 3inch exhaust with 100cell cat with external gate plumbed back in. Trent said that is getting restrictive. I'm getting some screamer pipe made and probably do one more run on it.