SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao, something that hasnt come up in a while: Variable Geometry turbos

I think last time you talked about this it was on hold due to the complexity of the task (Understandable of course) but was just wondering if theres plans to do anymore development with these this year.

In a manual we don't usually sit on the 2~3000RPMs range, how ever the autos do use that quite often and with the long gear ratio and high drive tran lose, It acts as if it needs a tinny baby turbo down low with a huge turbo up top.

Unfortunately any thing smaller on the exhaust side is going to sky rocket upper range EGT while smaller comp will reduce top end power.

Roller bearing has no effect on the SS1xx series as the bear friction in those are already sit to be minimum. It probably need a VNT valve in the exhaust housing. I might be able to get that working and driven by an actuator.

Is there a twin scroll housing option for the ss1PU?

.... you know where I'm going with this :-)

cheers

Justin

Plenty of public weigh bridges around Perth, Landscribble.

Has anyone heard from Stao, sent a couple of emails off regarding eta on my turbo, haven't heard from him since mid last week.

Yea might do Martin. I wonder if i could adjust the rear spring settings to make it less stiff, would that help with axle tramp? I had the dampers wound all the way down (soft). The launch control wasnt doing me much good with mickey thompsons on. Rpm limit set to 4000, dumping the clutch it would grip within a second and just bog down at 2500-3000rpm, i dont get any power until 4400 lol..

Yea might do Martin. I wonder if i could adjust the rear spring settings to make it less stiff, would that help with axle tramp? I had the dampers wound all the way down (soft). The launch control wasnt doing me much good with mickey thompsons on. Rpm limit set to 4000, dumping the clutch it would grip within a second and just bog down at 2500-3000rpm, i dont get any power until 4400 lol..

With Mickey Thompsons try closer to 5500rpm launch mate.

having the dampers set all the way down isnt necessarily helping. thats not how suspension actually works.

you want the car to absorb some part of the power and to squat plus stay squatted.

having your damper set to zero is just gonna let the car bounce and rob you of power off the line whilst inducing wheelspin.

turn the dampers back up until you can feel the car solidly squat and stay down on a decent launch. A nice firm squat, not a free fall to the floor.

Here ya go man, 13.6 at 176kph. Just couldnt get the thing off the line nicely last night. Will post some videos later of what i mean.

Must not making alot of power atm for that mph, Stao should take his to drags..should do upper 120's...

cheers

darren

What was your 60ft? With worn semi slicks and circuit spec Bilsteins I ran a 12.9 @114mph with a 2.2 60ft with about 234rwkws. I didnt launch the car hard as was worried about std RB20 box. Just ride the clutch and touch the limiter in 1st if you are getting wheelspin and shift smoothly, not snatching or you just rip skids :)

LOL, thats my advice having done all of about 10 qtr mile runs in my life :) (oh my car weighed 1345kgs with 10L of fuel in it at PI weighbridge)