SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Not bad for 18psi any dyno graphs ?

When is it on full boost by

does it drive good and feel responsive on road or the car ain't registered?

On a cooler day should pick up another 10kw at least without even touching the tune

my mates built sr20 corolla was tuned last Thursday in 40degree heat made 330rwkw then went back on sat same dyno same tune made 357rwkw

Eh. I've seen cars do straight back to back runs in dyno competitions with more than 50 hp difference between them. Loads of variables.

The important thing is how the car drives, and by the sounds of it Scott is pretty happy with that, so I'd say it's a good result :) Also keen to see a graph though Scott! Any plans to switch to ethanol or WMI?

Thanks for the feedback guys, its just my luck to have it tuned on the hottest day recorded since 1930 lol

I got to have a little play once I got it back to the area and I can say it is fast. Its got a solid powerband from 4000-7000, a good 3k of fat power. I do think I might want to get it touched up on a cooler day though, there are a couple of areas that I feel could be improved.

Having let a friend drive the car first was a mistake lol, the stock 3.7 diff ratio can really make the car feel dead if your expecting it to boost from 1700. Once I jumped in for a hoot having a reasonable idea of keeping the thing on the boil made it a completely different animal all together.

Unigroup said the car gave them zero hassle, went on the dyno and tuned right up. They were very impressed with the way the setup behaved and said the motor itself was possibly the best built motor they have had come through there in a long while.

Ill attach the graph here for all to see.

post-43588-0-49785200-1358508792_thumb.jpg

Also got my car back from tuning by C-Red today. I was a little sad panda when Mark said It made 335rwhp on 16psi (they say they have a low reading dyno). However it pulls hard once again, like it did with 375rwhp on 21psi last year, so im wrapped.

It didnt seem to like 20psi very much with lots of pinging, so timing had to be taken out a fair bit.

Taking it to the drags on wednesday to see what's what. ;)

Going to try and improve on my results and sort out my issues once I get back into work. It's been ages and I'm still happy with how it drives but I feel something is holding my SS1PU back with it making 250rwkw @20psi

The WMI will help with the heat issue but before doing that I was going to check my whole exhaust and actually see what size it is throughout. Making sure the exhaust isn't the issue then I guess I'll have to move onto my intercooler.

Anyone heard of a 'Hybrid intercooler'? I must be lucky because it also says its limited edition haha

Most probably something cheap and this could be why I need 20psi to produce the same power as people running 16psi such as birds results.

Stao has given me some good advice to check the boost reading before and after the intercooler to see if it is losing pressure or anything. I haven't had the time or money to go source new intercooler pipes to chuck a nipple on and a boost gauge yet.

Time will tell :)

The graph looks similar to the turbo I got now on pump 98 td05h18g kando

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=498401&st=90

If Hypergear could make something similar to the hksgt2530 I had I would get it fullboost by 3500rpm 20psi 180rwkw by 4000rpm on sr20 thats the most responsove setup ive had so far and ot drove the best And still made decent power on 21 dropping to 19psi 251rwkw e85 drives better than the setup i got now td05h18g e85 24 dropping to 21psi making 264rwkw

link to dyno graphs and comparisons are in the link above the power curves abit wobbly cause my boost solenoid was cactus

I think I might give his new billet ss1.5 ago seems like it should make similar power as the hks gt2530 and response his sspu is similar to the td05h18g I have now full boost 4000rpm 20psi and made similar power

Edited by hy_rpm

Stao has given me some good advice to check the boost reading before and after the intercooler to see if it is losing pressure or anything. I haven't had the time or money to go source new intercooler pipes to chuck a nipple on and a boost gauge yet.

Just make a manometer :) Will cost maybe $10 to make and will be far more accurate than any boost gauge you buy.

Also got my car back from tuning by C-Red today. I was a little sad panda when Mark said It made 335rwhp on 16psi (they say they have a low reading dyno). However it pulls hard once again, like it did with 375rwhp on 21psi last year, so im wrapped.

It didnt seem to like 20psi very much with lots of pinging, so timing had to be taken out a fair bit.

Taking it to the drags on wednesday to see what's what. ;)

Will remember to avoid C-red then :whistling:

WMI :) do eeet!!!

The graph looks similar to the turbo I got now on pump 98 td05h18g kando

http://nissansilvia....ic=498401&st=90

If Hypergear could make something similar to the hksgt2530 I had I would get it fullboost by 3500rpm 20psi 180rwkw by 4000rpm on sr20 thats the most responsove setup ive had so far and ot drove the best And still made decent power on 21 dropping to 19psi 251rwkw e85 drives better than the setup i got now td05h18g e85 24 dropping to 21psi making 264rwkw

link to dyno graphs and comparisons are in the link above the power curves abit wobbly cause my boost solenoid was cactus

I think I might give his new billet ss1.5 ago seems like it should make similar power as the hks gt2530 and response his sspu is similar to the td05h18g I have now full boost 4000rpm 20psi and made similar power

Shouldn't be an issue matching the 2530, The new billet SS1 might perform better within the same HP range.

The SS1PU is a larger turbo compare to T518Z, Per Abe's result its already sitting 265rwkws on Pump 98.

E85 results with 98 is not directly comparable, there is a 40kws difference in peek power as well as mid range.

If the SS1PU's peeking 248rwkws @ 18psi on pump 98 on at 45 degrees day. On E85 it should be pushing towards the 280rwkws mark with slightly better response. I'll be looking forward to the final E85 or P98 tune once his engine runs in.

Also response is pretty decent for a none VCT SR20det too.

Anyone heard of a 'Hybrid intercooler'? I must be lucky because it also says its limited edition haha

Most probably something cheap and this could be why I need 20psi to produce the same power as people running 16psi such as birds results.

I got a hybrid inter cooler kit fitted 10yrs ago for $1400

Have never tested drop across it

Haha shit $1400

So in this day and age would they be significantly cheaper?

Once I get some pipes I'll check.

Should it be 0 boost drop or do most have at least a little?

Mine had 1psi on full load in 4th. Which in the scheme of things is fark all. Ideally you want 0, but 1-2psi is good too. It's when you're getting 5/6/7psi that you have an issue.

I'll send that PM soon dude, just sorting out the mrs ;)

Nah I have a pump 98 result in the link aswell

It's making 231rwkw on 19psi by 4200rpm on 20psi made 237rwkw

His one is 234-5rwkw on 19-20psi by 4000rpm if you read his graph

mines non VCt aswell same dyno same ramp rate same tuner

On a hot day it will boost up faster when it heat soaks but not make as much top end power as mine did that when the radiator was no good coolant temp was getting to 100•c on the dyno but I couldn't believe it full boost was 3600rpm once we let it cool down for 15mins power was back up 10kw and boost back at 4000rpm

If you overlay my td05h pump 98 dyno graph over his ss1pu one it's very similar

Abe's result you can't directly compare cause its a different dyno different tuner larger cams 272 duration 12mm lift and it 263rwkw at 19psi by 4250rpm

Mine and scotts results same tuner same dyno same cams poncams same boost