SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yeah man Remember

Yavuz dyno is very conservative when I had 253rwkw it pulled trap speeds of 121mph

I'll come down and race ya!!!

haha game on! I'll let you know when im heading down.

The SS2 would be a very good turbo reaching close to the maximum of capacity of stock cam shaft. I'm looking to upgrade cams for the maximum capacity of some larger frame turbochargers that we build.

I'm looking at the Tomei Pon cams and the HKS in256/ex264 cams. Can any one whom used them share some experience in terms power / response behavior?

I've got poncams in mine, power and response are currently pretty much on par with your results with the G3, though I suspect I have cam timing issues holding me back so can't really draw any conclusions on the cams yet. They certainly feel ALOT better than the stock ones did, but given I changed plenum, ecu, cams AND tuner all at the same time; I guess that doesn't count.

I've got poncams in mine, power and response are currently pretty much on par with your results with the G3, though I suspect I have cam timing issues holding me back so can't really draw any conclusions on the cams yet. They certainly feel ALOT better than the stock ones did, but given I changed plenum, ecu, cams AND tuner all at the same time; I guess that doesn't count.

Hurry up and dial em in :whistling:

I gained tonnes of response

That's pretty impressive for a bush core Stao, how does the brass help over the bronze?

The materials makes no differences. its about how and where the oil is dispatched and delivered. I'm working on another set of brass bearings that can possibly spin them selves with oil entry.

With the Pon cams I thought they are drop in which don't requires dialing?

Eh, not driving the car in this heat. New seats haven't arrived yet either, so I can't drive it at the moment anyway. I'll get it done sometime :)

And Stao, they are, but I did mine at the same time as removing the head. Head was decked when I had it reconditioned, so I lost some deck height. Wouldn't have thought it enough to throw off my cam timing, but it's a question mark so need to check timing and make sure.

Edited by Hanaldo

With the Pon cams I thought they are drop in which don't requires dialing?

My head has been skimmed a few times so was necessary. Unopened engine would be fine

What do cams do?

Beef up mid range or up top?

Tomei Poncams 256/256 should give a gain over the entire powerband (with an aftermarket turbo mostly).

If you went 264 - 272 you would then be trading low range power for top end.

Thanks for the response. Since most people are on stock cams. I will run through the evaluations on the Billet TDxx series before I switch cams.

Also I've built this last week for a customer that required anti surge sound regardless of power or response. lol. So I've tabbed some threads and made custom plugs for this housing. Anti surging now becomes selective.

Anti surging ports open:

normal.JPG

Anti surging ports blocked:

pluged2.JPG

my SR SS1PU is at unigroup now.

am going to give them a call with some final instructions for how id like my powerband to fall so i can sit back and wait for the results.

possibly going to have to trade some of my top end for response though as im not running VCT. will still be a good indication for S13 type SR owners.

My SR SS1PU tune is now complete. Result was 235rwkw on 98 in todays 45 degree heat, 18psi of boost.

Unigroup noted the tune has been pegged back a little more than normal as the motor is brand new (no road time) and will be used for track only duties over the next 12 months.

They state it reached 248 with an extra degree of timing but chose not to push it because of the above mentioned factors, told me to bring it back once its done some actual road time and they can stretch it further but also mentioned its probably not going to be that noticeable.

Not bad for a 45 degree day, Im sure it will be a rocket. Thanks for the great turbo Stao.

Thanks for the feedback. Not bad for 45 degrees day, under a factory it would be oven baking. That affects the cooler's ability to heat sink. Also well, need more boost, still missing 6psi. :yes: