SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

SS1 is in 60mm, SS1.5 is in 64mm, while SS1PU is in 71mm.

Both wheels has 3mms in tip extension, customized hub.

The 60mm wheel has the equivalent blade size as the current 71mm cast wheel, and I've added couple degrees crop to the top so it won't be maxing out so early working with a Rb25det. This wheel should be excellent for people targeting 200~240rwkws on stock camed Rb20det/SR20dets.

The 64mm is a smaller version of the 71mm, how ever there isn't a lot of difference to the inducing and exducing area as most of that diameter has been taken out form the center hub, it does have very sharp throttle response, probably won't have as much top end, hopping to see bit more areas under the curve.

Went to a quite spot today and spent some time modifying the top left corner of my map as its caused some issues since dialling my cams in. I then added a bit of fuel across the entire map so I could open it up.

It used to hit 10psi at 3550, 14psi at 3800 and 17 at 3900

Today visually using rpm on controller and gauge I saw 14psi at 3500 and 17 at 3700. My controller is at 17 currently so it might have built more if it wasn't already tapering off.

Stao's 98 result on stock mani was 14 @ 3450 and 17 @ 3550 so I'm right there with him now. Just waiting on exhaust to be built and for me to make a cold air intake before retuning :)

Edit: oh and for me to wire up the water/meth controller

Edited by t_revz

Just thought I'd post to say that I got my car tuned by Toshi today and my god, the ATR43G3 is an amazing turbo. The response and power is great and I'm only on 16psi. Only did a road tune so I dont have power figures but I'm satisfied.

When I get it on the dyno I'll throw up a print out

Just thought I'd post to say that I got my car tuned by Toshi today and my god, the ATR43G3 is an amazing turbo. The response and power is great and I'm only on 16psi. Only did a road tune so I dont have power figures but I'm satisfied.

When I get it on the dyno I'll throw up a print out

Thanks for the feed back. And Happy new year to every one, Best wishes and more power cranking.

in photo is our OP6 high flow using SS2 CHRA:

IMGP8726.JPG

Balanced using our brand new Dynamic turbo balancing machine with VSR cradle.

machine.jpg

in photo is our OP6 high flow using SS2 CHRA:

Stao I've been meaning to ask, what CHRA do you normally use in your 2IU highflows?

Also, my SS1PU SR is booked for its tune on the 15th. Hopefully a healthy result coming soon.

Thanks Stao, thats pretty cool info :)

Might try get a friend to consider one. I have had a lot of other people tell me the 2IU highflows you make work REALLY well. Testament to your work. I was just curious about the specs.

Yes can be done. Can also balance RC plan rotors, and remote control car wheels. lol

Further update, this is relation to current bearing setup. I'm trailing couple of high tensile steel ball bearings, as well as few different types of brass bearings that I've made earlier. Will upload result once done.

IMGP8754.jpg

Nice looking BB cartridges Stao. Do you expect the BB's to make a huge difference? I've used bush and BB turbos before, but never seen back to back comparo of same turbo from same maker, so I'm very interested to see it.

Doesn't make much differences on the dyno. but in road driving there is a small difference in throttle response. how ever I'm pretty concert with the life span with those bearing specially when they are working in a hot environment with high speed and heavy thrust load.

In the bush bearing setup the centripetal and thrust support is the oil pressure supported by oil pump. So the bearings don't necessarily worn unless the pump fails or the oil has hard objects. I'm trying to get the same throttle response as the roller bearing through modifying oil galleries on the bearings and bore.