SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I ended up scoring an R32 collector gasket. The R33 one is all rubber where the R32 one has a metal piece sandwiched inbetween the rubber. May hold up better with higher boost like Stao was saying.

My s1 had the metal/ rubber one standard but used a durapro rubber one and so far so good

maybe yours wasnt stock man.

Im pretty sure all the factory ones are metal/rubber composite.

I remember when Mick's one fkd out on Unigroups dyno I found it because I could hear it playing the metal bit of the gasket like a gumleaf on boost.

I would like to know what peoples opinions are on how much shaft play is normal for a turbo to have? Mine is about 1-1.5 mm total. It just feels like a lot more than what it should have. I have a SS2 with 0.82 rear. The car is also driven hard all the time. But does get good warm ups and cool downs

There should be around 30thou clearance which is just under a mm, you can't get 1.5mm as it would be scrapping housings. pressurized oil centers the shaft once engine starts, so as long as its running and boosting then its all normal.

For anyone curious on the topic of cometic gasket sets, my S14 intermediate gasket (plenum to runners) was also WRONG and didnt fit at all.

The gasket seems to be for an S13 and not an S14. Sounds exactly like them selling you a R34 kit with an R33 intermediate gasket.

Fags!

IMGP8660.JPG

IMGP8662.JPG

Finally had the .70 SS2 Tune on the high mount with plumb back external gate. The SS2 maxed out touch under 360rwkws (359.3rwkws) on 22psi of boost. 30kws gain over the side mount internal gate setup.

atr43ss2exgpower.jpg

Boost:

atr43ss2exgboost.jpg

This turbo probably had the most area under curve in its HP range, felt excellent on road.

Yes all on E85. Below is Drift havoc's R33 build (abe2), its pretty interesting to have a read at, I've linked it to his facebook blog.

abecar.jpg

That is an unopened Rb25det motor. made 350rwkws using the same SS2 .70 comped turbocharger as mine with his hand made high mount manifold using a turbosmart gate. That car also has a plazamaman inlet manifold with 2x 4inches induction pipe (lol).

abepower.jpg

Nice work Stao! Its good to see the 71mm billet wheel is so potent.

Also nice to know I can easily have my SS1PU upgraded into a monster turbo like that if I ever want to upgrade down the track :)

I will have you another SR20 SS1PU result in January. My motor is fully built and will be fitted to the car soon.

P.S. I asked previously, but is it possible to get an actuator with a shorter rod? The low pressure actuator on my SS1PU is fully maxed out adjustment wise, and the preload is not as much as I would like.

Yes all on E85. Below is Drift havoc's R33 build (abe2), its pretty interesting to have a read at, I've linked it to his facebook blog.

abecar.jpg

That is an unopened Rb25det motor. made 350rwkws using the same SS2 .70 comped turbocharger as mine with his hand made high mount manifold using a turbosmart gate. That car also has a plazamaman inlet manifold with 2x 4inches induction pipe (lol).

No plazaman plenum, was too throttle laggy Abe fitted RB26 plenum and ITB's and it is now unbelievably snappy. videos of it here https://www.facebook.com/ChequeredTuning

481765_554882074526101_1184913636_n.jpg