SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao tried to seach and find the answer because I think you have told me before.

But what do you think the limit of the SS1PU would be on water meth injection.

Mine was limited due to the heat.

So in the future once I save the dollars I will be going that route.

But at the same time dont want to find it hits a wall at like 260rwkw

The R33 highflowed turbos would support up to 240rwkws while R34 turbochargers can be high flowed to support 260rwkws. response wise high flowed R33 turbo is about 300RPMs earlier. Personaly I prefer to run a highflowed R34 turbo

Prob just me or the photo but v band doesn't look 3.5".

Plus I thought Stao told me once he could only do 3" max.

I thought it was 3.5" cause we were talking about a 3.5" dump. But if its 3" im not worried, makes it easier to get the dump to fit to the turbo anyway

Yet to see any E85 results on the ss1pu

If you know of any then I would love to see.

Just want to know what to expect if I do it

Based on the spec of the thing it will lay close to 300.

I'll give you a good deal on my WMI kit if you want to be the first to try. Not trying to be a viral sales kent.

Yet to see any E85 results on the ss1pu

If you know of any then I would love to see.

Just want to know what to expect if I do it

I fitted one to an M35 in the stock housings that managed 300, not a good indication of what it would do on an RB but it should be close.

I fitted one to an M35 in the stock housings that managed 300, not a good indication of what it would do on an RB but it should be close.

Good to know Stao has done a nice job with the turbine side of things. I can't wait to have mine running :)

How did it go on the VQ?

Still means it can flow that sort of power

Spoke to my clutch guy today and his going to get back to me if it can handle that power.

If it can't then I can't afford it

If it can then I will be doing that over Christmas

When in for a return tune today.

After a few runs the manifold pretty much overheated and split one of the silicon hoses so had to call it a wrap again.....

We got up to 283 rwkw before the silicon hose split

Tune as it stands atm:

74702_555188291162201_22398245_n.jpg

I might try out one of staos dual actuators as its at 19.5 psi dropping to about 15.5 psi i think

It moved nearly 2 ton down the quarter in 12.9, faster than mine as he gets boost on stall.

I think it hit 20psi by around 3k...

Thats very nice! Theres always a point where you can have a faster car with a lower number, which is something im scared i may have overshot by going the SS1PU on my SR but we will see!

Good to note that the unit is an all round good turbo though. Everyone who has one seems to be happy with it regardless of how much power they made (its only numbers anyway). Props to Stao yet again!

When in for a return tune today.

After a few runs the manifold pretty much overheated and split one of the silicon hoses so had to call it a wrap again.....

We got up to 283 rwkw before the silicon hose split

What fuel Tony? Its starting to shape up nicely (ignore the fuel question coz you replied yourself before I hit send)

The R33 highflowed turbos would support up to 240rwkws while R34 turbochargers can be high flowed to support 260rwkws. response wise high flowed R33 turbo is about 300RPMs earlier. Personaly I prefer to run a highflowed R34 turbo

21U @ 260rwkw on United E85. Only 14PSI as ter rear tyre can't handle more around the track.

This turbo has now done over 40 track days, including WTAC.

Responce..5th gear at 110 is pretty much on boost. Its over 100rwkw at 3000rpm on trents dyno.

Update on car.

Car is finally tuned:

R34GTT

Mods:

SS2 Internally gated Turbo

98 Octane

China manifold

3inch JJR dump & 3inch exhaust

ID 1000 injectors

Yellow jacket coil packs

Hybrid return flow intercooler

Scotty 3inch intake

483595_556895830991447_473150841_n.jpg

About 190rwkw at 4,000 rpm so happy with that!

About 20psi falling over to about 16psi i think

Note this is a conservative track tune