SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

My turbo turned up while I was away at work, didn't even know it was on the way :P

Thanks Stao for all the help you've given me through this process, turbo looks good and can't wait to see how it goes. Now just have to finish my engine

20121120_201246.jpg

I only have the standard highflow which is good for 430hp.

270x1.34= 361rwhp

361*1.2=434 engine hp allowing 20% drive train loss (which is a widely accepted rough estimate)

Yours sounds about right,

My turbo turned up while I was away at work, didn't even know it was on the way :P

Thanks Stao for all the help you've given me through this process, turbo looks good and can't wait to see how it goes. Now just have to finish my engine

20121120_201246.jpg

Is that v-band???

V-band rear? yes

3.5" V-band

I will take some more photos in a minute, that was just a quick camera phone photo last night when I got home from work

Very nice looking turbo, Not sure if I want to paint the housing or not lol

No im just wondering,

anyways i got it retuned this morning again and because of timing and it was sort of pinging my tuner had to back the power off, now its on 255kw on 18 psi, i'll post the final tune tonite when i got a chance, im happy with the turbo either way.

V-band rear? yes

3.5" V-band

I will take some more photos in a minute, that was just a quick camera phone photo last night when I got home from work

Very nice. I need one of these V-Band rears :woot:

That was my ceramic roller bearing highflow with a .60 comp housing :yes: and new externlly gated through turbine housing.

its pretty interesting seeing the 6boost's manifold has very long runners. any one can share some theory in doing that?

Equal length runners and merge collected so exhaust gas gets to the Turbo in equal/even bursts isn't it?

Pretty keen for this engine, really hope I can get the ext gate to work but think life won't be so bad if I have to go int gate I don't think

Need to trim the Turbo studs as one of them is fouling but other then that I'm very happy with how its looking :)

V-band rear? yes

3.5" V-band

Prob just me or the photo but v band doesn't look 3.5".

Plus I thought Stao told me once he could only do 3" max.

Hi Stao,

Long time no speak! As you already know, I'm currently running a top-mount Garrett GTX3076R but looking to return the car to stock-ish to sell and was wondering what the boost response is for the hi-flowed R33 standard turbo and the hi-flowed R34 turbo like compared to the stock R33 turbo.