SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

cant be intake restrictions, 4" intake with K&N pod, 3" custom IC piping....motor was running standard turbo before and was pretty stock..

The car feels good, it has brand new 255 federals on the back and it breaks traction when it hits boost in second, used to do it in 3rd with the old tyres..

Heaps weird...

Hypergear turbos love restrictions :laugh:

I feel your pain though. Car has been sitting in the shed for a couple of months now, thinking about what it's done :glare:

Has it learnt its lesson yet?

we both had no idea.... the car wasnt responding to anything... threw more timing= same power, richer=same power, leaner=same power wtf?

That means turbo's pushing some thing's limit which power band does not responds to the tune. I think its in the exhaust or some where, try drop it and see if any thing changes. Was it a plumb back external gate?

Normally cooler restrictions would drop heaps of boost, and the cooler would be burning hot on the cool side. So its not the case.

Also if you are in Sydney might be worth while visiting Toshi for a quick check up.

Why is the engine speed increasing then going back to zero? But speed increases gradually

I could be way off here but that torque looks quite high compared to power so maybe its getting wrong speed signal?

Rpm increases,decreases,increases then falls off

Edited by t_revz

yeah the dyno guy said that for some reason some nissans do that weird shit with the rpm... he said it wouldnt affect anything but.

The power graph really supprised me because it feels nothing like that...it actually has nothing for ages then all of a sudden kicks in massively and frys tyres but that graph makes it look very linear.... very strange

Trent made a suggestion that the boost drop maybe due to the stock BOV on the GTT not up to task? But were not 100% yet until I do the coilpacks and go back in for a retune.

Anyone know what the power limit on the stock BOV is before you need to be concerned?

He said to get a GTR one if it is the case.