SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Well if you run stock manifold (or Brae bolton) with a .70 size housing it will find fine with a 15mm spacer even running internal gate, but its a pain getting the bracket engineered that clears every thing. Some thing in this size I would be recommending running it in a proper exhaust manifold, its not going to perform at its best other wise.

For the Stagea with the Neo motor, the best option is to just high flow the factory turbocharger. We can run a SS2 billet chra init, which would have very similar response as stock, but be able to handle much higher boost level and capable of around the 260rwkws mark used as a bolton turbo.

the 5558 would be .60 3076 in size would it not?(thats what it looks like in pics) , bit smaller than the .70's

All PT 4" covers are the same. You can order them in various sizes but if u order an SP cover (like everyone does) its the same 4" item for 5558 as it is for 6262

Some further updates on building the TD06/67 test rig. Car is now fitted with a Brae high mount manifold with our own 50mm external gate plumbed back with a 4inch exhaust exhaust.

IMAG1151.jpg

Looks good. It did not come with a cheap price. All including the exhaust manifold, screamer, dump pipe plus installation comes to $1880 plus $250 for the external gate, including the turbocharger this kit comes to: $3230

How ever there is a very noticeable gain in mid top end torque without noticing the lose of response.

I will use this test rig to trail all the TDxx as well as the existing ATR43 turbochargers. This setup should provide the best possibly environment for the performance of any turbochargers, and is whats expected on a welly built track car. The end results will vary if components of the setup is differ.

Externally gated turbochargers are cheaper to produce.

I found this pretty informative to read, it had descriptions about different types and effects of manifolds.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/log_style_vs_equal_length_manifolds

For the Stagea with the Neo motor, the best option is to just high flow the factory turbocharger. We can run a SS2 billet chra init, which would have very similar response as stock, but be able to handle much higher boost level and capable of around the 260rwkws mark used as a bolton turbo.

It's auto, so I'm trying to minimize the 'lag'...

What are the options for a larger internal waste gate but maintaining the dump stock flange?

Cheers

Justin

Yes you can run the SS1PU version, that is zappy responsive and makes around 260rwkws in a Rb25det on a manual. I can also high flow your stock comp housing to the body of that turbo so every thing looks stock standard.

Yes you can run the SS1PU version, that is zappy responsive and makes around 260rwkws in a Rb25det on a manual. I can also high flow your stock comp housing to the body of that turbo so every thing looks stock standard.

e.g. my standard looking 260rwkw engine bay! Never has surface rust and grime looked so good :)

iwAYL2ro_original.png

pdodWczO_original.png

Would look the same with an E85 tune for close to 300 :D

You can have one intake mod, so it's technically legal, but the combination of that with the front mount isn't.

It just sounds too good to give it up :(

Birds I thought you had stock housings on both sides, didn't realise you had the actual FNT rear housing. That's cool.

I think stao was saying the ss2 in all stock housings for the stagea. I'm sure that would be awesome yet I'm not sure that would meet the request of faster spool than stock. That was an interesting ask lol

So I installed my z32afm and Bosch EV14 ID1000 style injectors last night.

Just curious who has installed these mods and run their car? From what I understand & have read the car is supposed to run like dogs balls once its installed without a tune?

As after I finished and gave the car a start up she idled perfect like stock lol

It will start an idle fine...mine did..you can even rev it..

now try drive it around the block and report back :D

Actually you better not...I did and barely made it home..its fine cause its just on idle, its not really dumping any fuel In...put it under load and it will open the injectors up, flood and foul your plugs in no time...

It will start an idle fine...mine did..you can even rev it..

now try drive it around the block and report back :D

Actually you better not...I did and barely made it home..its fine cause its just on idle, its not really dumping any fuel In...put it under load and it will open the injectors up, flood and foul your plugs in no time...

So I see

Makes sense :D

Edit: What about the z32 afm? Shouldnt the computer go a little funny with that installed to? Or does it idle fine but when i drive it something will happen too? Not that I will. Just curious

That's what I'm looking for... maximum zappiness!!! This car needs to be all about strong low rpm torque figures and response... don't care about the top end (that's what my twin td06 gtr is for). I'd be more than happy to end up with a turbo running 16-18psi, spooling faster and making more low end torque that the standard turbo and toping out around 210-220rwkw.

I have modified the auto, so there should be no problems handling the extra torque.

I'm also planning to tow with this car.

Stao can you shoot me a pm with a price for the SS1pu (in my stock turbo) or any other better options.

Cheers

Justin

Edited by XRATED