SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Ah fair enough. I did actually consider it, I was tempted by the price. Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as Trev in that it's not my preferred kit. In any case, I should get my setup working correctly without WMI before I start using it as a bandaid.

What's missing from your setup hanaldo? I saw your powercruise video (sounds great) and can see your mods/output in your sig. Looks pretty good to me, just not running as much boost as some of the other guys are.

When he runs more boost it doesn't make more power unfortunately so he has to find what's causing that

Some further evaluation on a ceramic roller bearing PU high flow running stock compressor housing internally gated. The profile of this turbocharger is identical to a G2.5.

IMAG1096.jpg

I've bought some actuators casings from Taiwan (probably same as Kando ones) and used 18psi high pressure actuator springs in it and it worked well. Best part is that I can add few washers under the diaphragm to load the springs to where I want it to be.

IMAG1097.jpg

It made 341rwkws on E85 with the current manifold. It is 10kws short and 100rpms laggier compare to when it was on the Brae manifold even with more boost. How ever pretty good result from a stock looking turbo.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Haha thanks for that Kasko, pretty much on the money. Haven't looked into it a lot yet to be honest, graduate from Uni next week and fly out to Europe in 3, so been a bit preoccupied. Intention is to get into it once I get back from Europe next year.

Realistically those actuators are just big casings, the actual diaphragm and spring setups are identical to any other actuators. The best part of it is it allows you to change springs easily and preloading the spring by adding washers under the diaphragm of where the two bolts comes out. But apart from that its no differences to metal casing actuators.

Its probably good for turbos with small compressor housings, But It does run out of room when I tried to use it with a .70 comp housing.

Also our billet 18G compressor is ready, The profile is identical to our SS1PU compressor wheel but smaller in diameter. This wheel is made to flow about 10% higher then original cast wheel, while producing very dynamic on road drivability.

IMAG1109.jpg

Our compressor casting has also arrived.

IMAG1110.jpg

Tomorrow I will machine it up alone with turbine casting to have the turbocharger produced. It is currently available in 8cm rear, with 18G or 20G comp and TD05H and TD06SL2 turbine wheel. Price is still at $800 each. PM if any one's interested.

Also I've re-engineered the sleeve bearings with different oil grove for the ATR43xx turbochargers, tested today, which made them have similar boost building behavior as the ceramic roller bearing CHRAs, will get some dyno readings mid week against my CBB result. Free upgrade to all customers.

This project is mainly for Greddy turbo fans, but I don't like copying them in OEM specifications, so I will mix and match wheels plus some customized profiled billet wheels for them to be different. The goal is for dynamic drivability, Modify housings to fit different types of vehicles, and perhaps adding ceramic roller bearing cartridges.

I've had the T518Z billet version finalized today with every thing machined up nicely.

IMAG1105.jpg

IMAG1107.jpg

It is currently on 18G compressor with a TD05H turbine. I will machine one more housing using SL2 turbine tomorrow