SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I'm not sure if the stock R34 plenum gasket is rubber or not. you need to get the metal one with rubber O rings in them. I found the rubber ones gets blown out under high boost.

Cometic plenum & manifold gasket are both steel :thumbsup:

Yup got a genuine turbo gasket set but not from JJR. Including the gasket from the turbo to dump pipe.

Parts to go on this weekend:

• SS2 Turbo
  • Manifold from Stao which has been opening up a bit for better flow
  • ID 1000 Injectors
  • 3Inch JJR bellmouth dump pipe
  • Cometic plenum gasket (When I do the injectors)
  • Cometic manifold gasket
  • Genuine turbo gasket kit
  • New nuts and bolts

Power coming at ya.

Just bought water meth for my SS2 so maybe ill see you in mine....unless your going on e85 :(

No e85 here

My car is still my daily

Would like to be able to go on road trips without 6 jerry cans in the boot :P

Hence me using water meth.

Tank should last 1 tank of fuel on the track or 3 months on the street :)

On this note I have a nice little kit I would like to sell ;)

Come at me bro!

I looked long n hard and thought about hitting you up but unfortunately and no offence but it was my least preferred kit.

Each to their own, but thanks for helping my cause :P

I had planned it for a very high comp DE+T setup, but since then went about forging my DET instead.

So its fairly redundant to me now as my SS1PU will do what I want it to do without the WMI.

Hey Stao, do you have a comparison dyno graph of the G3 with original rear housing flange and the type B one I got from you?

Goto

www.hypergearturbos.com

Under ATR43 and there are dyno readings from both Type A and Type B rear housing from the G3.

Goto

www.hypergearturbos.com

Under ATR43 and there are dyno readings from both Type A and Type B rear housing from the G3.

Thanks. If I'm changing from type A to type B, do I need to get a new gasket of some sort for the new flange to go on? I just want to make sure I have all parts ready for the swap over.

I'll have a new dump pipe gasket & new dump pipe, so I mean between the turbo rear housing and the flange plate itself.

Edited by copycutter

LOL thats a good idea. In practice I am told its like having E85 on tap - which helps those who don't have the stuff available.

For me my entire car hits a whole other level of money, time and effort at anything above 240kw. So instead of going for my ultra responsive 10:1 CR 240kw on WMI I have gone for an SS1PU with a DET motor instead. I think I will still get what I want with a little less off boost punch.

The WMI kit would make my setup even better Im sure, boosting power to 280odd shouldnt be an issue.. But the issue there is that SR gearboxes arent so 280kw friendly and neither is my near new clutch. So rather than reinvent the wheel I have worked so hard to create I am just going to enjoy my 240 kw and sell the unused WMI kit.