SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Hey Stao - if my AX53B70 ever goes kaput do you think you could make something up for me with the housings off it? It looks like it could do with a couple more mm in the both the compressor and turbine wheels. So far it has been nothing but rock solid but I only use at 1bar max. Thought I'd ask as I wouldn't mind pushing it a bit more.

I'm only looking for 250-260rwkw, I figure the turbine housing on this would be ideal for that power level.

Edited by simpletool

Yeh well I wouldn't expect it to be a hell of a lot, but considering I'm chasing a restriction in my setup somewhere, I just want to know that everything is as good as it can be.

Run it without a dump pipe :whistling:

The problem with large internal gate is boost control. means it will have more boost tappering off in general as there will be more load on the actuator. It is a bit of a concern on the new .82 IW housing assembly, might need to run a 2~3 actuator setup or some thing similar to eliminate boost drop.

one off 38mm internal gate SS1 turbine housing.

turbinehousing.jpg

Have big gate keeps the turbine housing cooler, but harder to boost control. how ever also depending on applications, we do get XR6 BA turbo waste gate jobs often. From my past experiments bigger gate drops more boost. How ever that was before the innovation of all the wastegate controlling methods that I've used today, So might not have the same drop behavior, while makes more power on lesser boost just like having an external gate.

And yes the machined 3inch Vband adaptor fits All .63 and .82 ATR43 series.

With way too much time on my holiday in Japan to catch up on some reading and not spending as much as anticipated etc I've made a list of jobs to do hopefully before end of the year.

Buy an Adj ex gear and dial in both cams as they are both currently retarded.

Modify or change dump pipe til it matches turbo perfectly. Awaiting Stao's results currently on new v-band piece.

Quieten down rest of exhaust

Section off pod filter and set up a cold air intake

Swap internals of plumb back BOV as I blocked atmo port but it keeps reverting. Need recirc port to open first.

Gas up air con.

And for good measure install WMI :whistling:

Will order bits tomorrow so it starts arriving as I get home :)

We were able to round down the edges right up the gasket.

But unable to open her right up as the walls were getting thin.

Yeah prob only 10mm

She'll be right! Still much better than before!

Should get tuned by Trent next week so will see how the results go

Please let me know your date, I would like to come and witness your tune and take some video footages. cheers

No problem will do!

Getting a mechanic friends to do the work out of hours so could be a one or two weekend job, pending if things go to plan or if we have time.

Haven't booked at exact time with Trent yet but he said he could squeeze me in any time. But will let you know!

Did you get a genuine nissan gasket from JJR for the dump pipe too Tony?

Yup got a genuine turbo gasket set but not from JJR. Including the gasket from the turbo to dump pipe.

Parts to go on this weekend:

• SS2 Turbo
  • Manifold from Stao which has been opening up a bit for better flow
  • ID 1000 Injectors
  • 3Inch JJR bellmouth dump pipe
  • Cometic plenum gasket (When I do the injectors)
  • Cometic manifold gasket
  • Genuine turbo gasket kit
  • New nuts and bolts