SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

50cm?? Thats half a meter before.. Is there even half a meter of pipe from cooler to TB?

I'm sitting inside and haven't looked at it for a while, my judgement of distance is definitely off haha.

It's near enough to where the pipe comes through my cold air box.

You want it to be as close to the compressor housing of the turbo as possible. If your running actuator pressure you can also pop a nipple on the comp housing and run it straight from there to there.

You want it to be as close to the compressor housing of the turbo as possible. If your running actuator pressure you can also pop a nipple on the comp housing and run it straight from there to there.

Why is this, exactly? The only reason I can think of is to avoid overworking the turbo if your cooler is a restriction, but at such a measly boost level that I'm running I can hardly see that being of concern.

Why is this, exactly? The only reason I can think of is to avoid overworking the turbo if your cooler is a restriction, but at such a measly boost level that I'm running I can hardly see that being of concern.

Actuator reaction.

If the surge is created by a minor overboost at those revs/throttle then moving the reference nipple will mean the actuator reacts quicker and can overcome the problem.

Thats assuming the surge is created by that specific issue.

Okay so the reply back from JJR is that all there dumps/front pipes are the same so mine was not a defective product.

No no What they are saying is, All my dump pipes are defective. You like you buy.

Edited by GeorgesR34

I might look into having that done then - would the turbo need to be removed to put a nipple on the outlet though? I would think this would only be for safety reasons to avoid metal shavings falling down to the compressor.

To make it simpler just get one welded on the cooler pipe as close to the turbo as possible.

Should work to the same effect mate.

Stao is it possibly you can produce these with a nipple on the cover from now on?

I was a little :( when I didnt find a reference nipple on mine but there were 2 casting marks indicating where it could be fitted.

To make it simpler just get one welded on the cooler pipe as close to the turbo as possible.

^^this. I welded an 1/8 npt socket onto the underside of the pipe out of view then screwed a barb fitting in

cbf, lol. But yeah if (when) I next remove the turbo I'll have one put on the comp cover for sure.

Yes I have stock of the billet 20G but only in a 10cm T3 rear. I can sale you the core for $700 if you want, which you can run that in your current 8cm housing.

18G, and 25G plus 8cm turbine housings are still work in progress at this stage.

Ok , so what are the advantages of billet wheels compared to the ones on the one i have now? (just talking myself into it really, just seeing if i can justify the extra $$) the car that the turbo will be going on will be used mainly for track work so it will get a hefty work out!

Well if the comp wheel is made exactly the same to original caste then it makes no differences. lol

For our billet wheels we run a different sized hub with slightly taller inducer and blade curvature. All manufactures has their own wheel profiles, so there won't be an identical billet turbo result.

The currently 20G follows our SS hub and blade profile, that is engineered to produce the most Power with Least RPMs. So the car comes alive as soon as its on gas. You can see that worked extremely well refer to test result based on a SR20det None Vct motor, and no one has yet managed to get 200rwkws by 4000Rpms on same setup. Its going to be crazy responsive working with the Rb25det. I would expect the end result be similar to the SS1PU with more top end since working with proper manifold and external gate.

I reckon i might get a 8cm housing and one of these Billet 20G's and jam it on the 4AGZE Ke10 rolla i have here with some E85 in the mix..be epic on 30psi..lol

have a killer ex manifold here for one, be a shame to waste it..lol

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

This is a pretty good result from a high flowed Rb20det turbocharger bolted on to a stock rb20det motor internally gated. Green is 98 and red id E85 limited by fuel pump. Hopping to see around 250rwkws with fuel pump replaced.

e85dyno.jpg

I reckon i might get a 8cm housing and one of these Billet 20G's and jam it on the 4AGZE Ke10 rolla i have here with some E85 in the mix..be epic on 30psi..lol

have a killer ex manifold here for one, be a shame to waste it..lol

cheers

darren

For 4AGZE Ke10 rolla, Here's a result from a ATR28G2. Good chance cracking 300rwkws on 24psi on e85 :yes:

atr28g1228rwkwscorolla.JPG