SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Solely by looking at all your boost curves.

Halando's the only person running the Type A .82 rear, matching up the boost response against mine its pretty much identical. How ever that turbo was still still gain power on my setup from 22 to 24psi. The most I've seen from the type A in stock manifold on 18~20psi was 287rwkws tuned by Toshi, You are up to 270rwkws at 18psi so its not very far off, have a play with the cam gear and possibly cooler pipe should enable the gain.

T-Revz is running the Type B .82 rear from memory. The boost response (rpm= speed / 28 * 1000) so by 3700rpms you are sitting on 15psi appears to be laggier (not by much) the reference to be looked at is page 292 and 294 from Adam9111, might want to have a play with your cam gears and cam angles.

Tory is also running a Type B .82 and his response matched up perfectly to mine. How ever this turbine housing does not have that much of a boost drop off behavior. I strongly recommending of getting a boost pressure reading from the turbo's outlet v after the inlet manifold.

Power wise I don't have much experience of aftermarket cam behaviors on Rb25det. Based on stock cams, its just matter of tuning and play on the timing and fuel mixture to for the best Hp out put.

T-Revz is running the Type B .82 rear also from memory. The boost response (rpm= speed / 28 * 1000) so by 3700rpms you are sitting on 15psi appears to be laggier (not by much) the reference to be looked at is page 292 and 294 from Adam9111, might want to have a play with your cam gears and cam angles.

Is there a way to double check visually its a type B?

At 3700 on hub dyno I'm at 12psi and 15 on roller

How can you tell the difference between .82 type A and B if they all have the same stamp? lol

Pretty sure you can't see Fnt nozzles either making it near impossible

have not been selling any Type A this year so pretty sure all the once made as a bolton turbos are type B.

Pretty sure haha

As much as I'm enjoying my holiday I look forward to dialling in cams when I'm home and checking for improvement.

Any work to your motor Troy? Like skimmed head, decked block, etc?

Nah man. The most extreme thing done to my motor has been removal of the manifold lol. It may have something to do with me only running ~17psi? Perhaps this is putting it into surge.

Nup.

On a comp map the surge line is the top one. So for it to be surging it would need to be running too much boost at too low a flow rate.

IE running 3 bar of boost at 2000RPM with it would make it surge. calculate the motors flow at 2000RPM and then check where it is in line with 3 bar of pressure, it will be way above the surge line of the map. SO yeah.

Nup.

On a comp map the surge line is the top one. So for it to be surging it would need to be running too much boost at too low a flow rate.

IE running 3 bar of boost at 2000RPM with it would make it surge. calculate the motors flow at 2000RPM and then check where it is in line with 3 bar of pressure, it will be way above the surge line of the map. SO yeah.

Well it does it from ~4500rpm and up if I don't give it WOT - wouldn't the fact that it's making full boost while the throttle is partly closed change the amount of airflow being allowed into the engine and hence comp surge?