SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao why don't you try make the TD06 work with you .82 type B housing?

with a little machine work you could be adding a whole new product to the market.

The SS1PU is not a GTRs.

2ndly if you are comparing td06 to a GTRs its never been compared on fair grounds. Install your td06 internally gated in a stock rb20det manifold plus all the EGR and road legal crap you would normally expected to run on a stock setup, The TD06 would not perform any where near a GTRs or a SS1PU.

All supporting mods counts, The turbocharger does not take all the credits.

I hear what you are saying. SO many people carry on that the std manifold is good for 300-350rwkws etc, I have long been an advocate for binning exhaust manifold asap...but others are happy to use it and hold back the performance gains available to them...combined with the fact for the same price of the HKS GTRS you can buy a complete TD06 setup. So based on dollars spent it is a fair comparison.

Anyway , interesting to see more billet results

So I received my JJR 3inch dump today.

It appears that the inlet area of the exhaust is smaller than the outlet area of the turbo. in some places about 0.5cm in width and length about 1cm. I'll try and machine as much as I can but doesnt appear to be that much room.

Thoughts? Will it be much of a restriction?

Heres a pic, not the best

536314_530663926947971_423679572_n.jpg

All the corners in the .82 B rear housing has been rounded off, The flange area can't be any bigger, its been traced through the gasket.

For the Billet TDxx series to work probably there is a need for a proper exhaust manifold, external gate, and a front pipe. I'll get them sorted very soon.

Stao why don't you look into getting a spacer plate made which accommodates your external gate?

that way you can offer the turbos in external format and the user just needs to make a dump pipe, which you can supply a v band ring and clamp for.

Stao why don't you look into getting a spacer plate made which accommodates your external gate? that way you can offer the turbos in external format and the user just needs to make a dump pipe, which you can supply a v band ring and clamp for.

I should imagine that a spacer between the manifold and the turbo that is big enough to have an outlet for the wastegate will start causing problems with pushing the turbo outward/upward/downward enough to make it start hitting other stuff. Certainly on the factory turbo manifold you'll hit the strut tower after only a smallish push outward.

Ive seen one of those ebay spacers with the 2 bolt flange plate used to mount a precision turbo on a skyline before. It certainly can be done, and if Stao makes the spacer himself Im sure he can also make sure it fits well.

Then again he can just supply housings with a gate port

Dimensionally (in/ex) its the same size as the existing 20g, its blade design that changes. Front cover is the trust style .60

if changes have been made to either inducer or exducer I'm sure stao will correct

Updates:

I'm getting some steam pipe bolton manifold and high mount manifold made overseas as I'm typing. I should have a prototype received by mid next week for trailing and testing. Those manifolds will be available for $300 to our customers assume they perform as expected.

It appears a larger turbine setups would perform better on factory manifolds, I will trail a SS2 in a .82a rear housing on current std manifold for some comparison.

how these going stao.?.are you still going ahead with a cheap steampipe bolt on jobbie?

i'm keen for another turbo, probally a ss2 with the steampipe bolt on if it goes ahead, and stick a gate on the exhaust

housing, just waiting to see how it pans out

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

Yes I've fitted the prototype manifold. It is awful, lots of dressing up work required and i'm certainly not impressed with the level of workmanship, the final product I will be selling will be a steam pipe manifold with every thing done to specifications. it will definitely flow much better then a stock Rb25det manifold.

IMAG1019.jpg

I've re-enforced the the joiner, that is where its likely to crack.

IMAG1021.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is what some people sales on ebay. The bolt pattern on the flanges for cyc 4 5 6 are all out. it won't fit unless dressed up.

IMAG1026.jpg

Finally fitted:

IMAG1028.jpg

By the way any one needs their wastegate opened up? we can perform this service for $120.

IMAG1034.jpg