SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Your G2 came on later than 4100? What up with that?

Gonna spend time and money squeezing more out of it of happy as it is?

Different head hey? Had it been skimmed previously?

Edited by t_revz

Yeh the G2 was full boost by about 4500rpm. The old setup never worked very well. Between the new ECU, plenum, and cams; I've sorted that out somewhere.

I'll get it operating at full potential sometime. For now I'm happy, I haven't driven the thing in 10 months so I just want to enjoy it for a bit. As soon as Kermit can fit me in for the piping then I'll get all that done, then try to find what else is holding it back.

SS1PU ftw. Surprised this isn't the most popular HG turbo, it really is on the money for response-power ratio for the street. 3rd gear is heavenly. Not bored with the power yet...maybe when I get better tyres I will be :)

Its pretty interesting as the SS1PU is a tiny turbo compare to the G2.5 and G3 while they makes same power level in some cases, with the same turbo it returns a mixed bag of results.

Recap on hardware, all there is are:

cheap 2.5inches ebay cooler piping kit with 600x300x75mm core

3inch xforce turbo back with no cat and straight through type of mufflers

4inch induction pipe

BOV

ProfectB EBC.

Split fire coil pack

They are all average john stuff, I was getting easy 260~290rwkws on pump with three different tuners and dynos in Vic, and that was with a stock built engine on factory exhaust manifold.

Any chance i can test the Dual Actuators :P

My last test is dumping the Exhaust, but i dont think it is that.

Yes I can do that. will cost you $150 for that setup, you can send back your std actuator with bracket for $100 refund.

Can't wait to be boosting around With my SS1PU also ;)

I always said the GTRS was epic for a skyline, the SS1PU is similar in size but without the flaws. I can't wait.

Really? A friend had a GTRS on his RB25 , it replaced the GCG Hiflow that was on it and it was no better than the hi flow and made a few rwkws less. ON an RB20 a 20G spank the GTRS. In my limited experience they are a rubbish turbo?!?!

The SS1PU is not a GTRs.

2ndly if you are comparing td06 to a GTRs its never been compared on fair grounds. Install your td06 internally gated in a stock rb20det manifold plus all the EGR and road legal crap you would normally expected to run on a stock setup, The TD06 would not perform any where near a GTRs or a SS1PU.

All supporting mods counts, The turbocharger does not take all the credits.

Exactly. I specifically said the SS1PU is similar in size but without the flaws of a GTRS. IE NOT A GTRS.

While I believe the GTRS is an epic turbo for an RB, I do think its flawed in a few ways. Knowing the ins and outs of the SS1PU is part of what made me buy one.

Stao I have had comment from some very high end users that your turbo is finished really well and they are impressed by what they see :) I hope I can bring you some more business! You deserve it.

Cheers for that.

The prototype billet td06 performed well and proven reliability after few track days. it is now to stay and available for only $800. After comparing data collected of other TD06SL20Gs + SR20dets, Our version is more responsive with much better mid range. I'll be doing some further evaluations with it on my Rb25det once I have my high mount manifold made.

IMAG0998.jpg

IMAG1007.jpg

2ndly we will be starting on making our external gate, using imported stainless steel castings with all machinery work precisely carried out locally. This gate has a fully adjustable pressure chamber, comes with both adaptors, clamps, and 3x different springs in combinations for 10psi, 14psi, 20psi and 20psi+. This gate is $330 on its own, or $250 with any turbochargers.

IMAG0999.jpg

IMAG1003.jpg

IMAG1006.jpg