SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

It made barely any difference Aaron, the dyno result was from two different AR rear housings if I read it right.

Stao, were they 20psi actuators?

We are talking about 1.2psi gain, not a mojor but there is a difference, notice the shape of the curve too. The 20psi actuator still had 3psi drop. this sheet was taken when using the same turbine housing

98boost.jpg

compare to:

boost.jpg

The SS1PU probably had the most boost drop internally gated, this actuator setup should work well with that.

The SS1PU due to the higher pressure in the exhaust manifold, too much pressure here would cause heat issues though, you need an exhaust temp sensor in the manifold imo Stao.

Have you incorperated the longer actuator arm for more leverage also?

It made barely any difference Aaron, the dyno result was from two different AR rear housings if I read it right.

Stao, were they 20psi actuators?

Ahh crap, I missed that the bottom graph was the two different rears.

Talk about great service!

I ordered my turbo on Monday, it was built and is already in the post. Stao has still been answering my queries and testing products in between, now that's what I call great service :)

Have you incorperated the longer actuator arm for more leverage also?

Different arm to mine but looks to be similar length so should have same leverage

Stao mine has the longer arm and I lose 2psi up top. Is it worth loosening the screws and extending it out to the edge of have you tried that and made little difference?

Edited by t_revz

Speaking of restrictions...both my cams look a couple degrees retarded. Might have to grab an adjustable gear for exhaust cam. Obviously need to put a dial gauge on and check for sure but if I see cheap cam gears in Japan next week ill be all over em