SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I've finally got some results sent in from our version of billet TD06SL2 off a S13 none VCT SR20det. It made 282rwkws on 18psi with E85 , it should just touch 300rwkws at full potential. This turbo is now available for $800 brand new for any one's interested. Far as I know the car has 264 cams with every thing else standard. And that is on a high mount T3 manifold externally gated.

billettd06.jpg

That is mental for a Sr20det man. I've never seen any thing been able to do that on a SR. Great work :thumbsup:

But, but, but.....like what? Actuators?

Little electronic parts sitting in a barrel of molten anger and butterfly valves with a constant flow of carbon deposit.

Problem? lol

Little electronic parts sitting in a barrel of molten anger and butterfly valves with a constant flow of carbon deposit.

Problem? lol

Don't be jealous just cos your car isn't going haha

Don't be jealous just cos your car isn't going haha

just buy a real exhaust, non of that homo varex shit, problem solved :)

if too quiet, add screamer lol

LMAO see ^ man up Trev :nyaanyaa:

just buy a real exhaust, non of that homo varex shit, problem solved :)

if too quiet, add screamer lol

Obviously not in Vic.^^ Run a vented screamer or loud system down here and you will get anal raped by the cops, making you the homo.

Varex mufflers work surprisingly well to quieted the exhaust, and can be made instantly silent when required. I have had no issues with mine and any problems I have heard from others were resolved by Xforce quickly.

As far as power goes, this 3.5 inch Varex muffler made 30kw more than the 3.5 inch Hooker muffler I had on last, due to the Hooker having a 3 inch internal restriction. The Varex is also much quieter with the flap open. Stop bashing a product you clearly know nothing about guys.

Obviously not in Vic.^^ Run a vented screamer or loud system down here and you will get anal raped by the cops, making you the homo.

Varex mufflers work surprisingly well to quieted the exhaust, and can be made instantly silent when required. I have had no issues with mine and any problems I have heard from others were resolved by Xforce quickly.

As far as power goes, this 3.5 inch Varex muffler made 30kw more than the 3.5 inch Hooker muffler I had on last, due to the Hooker having a 3 inch internal restriction. The Varex is also much quieter with the flap open. Stop bashing a product you clearly know nothing about guys.

I didn't directly bash the product, what I was implying is that why have a loud exhaust that has the option to make it quiet again robbing power?

My point was get a nice quiet exhaust with a decent mid muffler and rear muffler and if that is too quiet running a screamer so you only hear noise on song.

Screamers are a defect in most states, I am aware of that. But then again most of us don't really drive hard on the street so you won't even hear it.

I'm pretty sure red is work in progress, I appears some thing didn't go according to plan all runs was backed off at around 6000RPMs. perhaps the owner of the car can add some additional information.

Wow only just realised it noses over at 6k

Add: Trent mentioned it is a stock engine and didn't want to push too much power out of it, so timing was backed off up top for better reliability or its going to hit 300rwkws.

Stop bashing a product you clearly know nothing about guys.

Am not bashing either, simply gave my own opinion. I don't like them because there are too many things that could (potentially) go wrong, for that reason I like to keep it simple.

Everyone knows they work, and plenty of people are happy with them. Just not my cup of tea as stated.

Well it was done but cos I dropped the car off before Sean got there and we didn't chat he set boost to 18psi max and very safe. Only made 340hp but he told me to ignore the number as he can never reproduce Hp numbers that hypergear customers expect. So I drove home and gave it a couple squirts and it feels good. Maybe it was similar power but just low reading dyno...until I compared my result to previous results and it seems lazy on boost. Might need more preload. So thinking of taking it back after doing the exhaust and Sean said we can try put 21+ down its throat

Any other thoughts? Mine is red

Power

photo_zpsfe9a9fae.jpg

Boost

photo_zps4956dc8c.jpg

What's with the primary school text book?

His printer almost out of ink so waiting for email copies to cone through. That was something I did earlier to decide if I would send my original SS2 back to Stao for updates...which I did

It looks alright for the boost level given considering its only at 16psi peak, and the most it can make out of stock exhaust manifold internally gated is 280rwkws, I would use a EBC to increase boost level, also double check with exhaust on and off pre-cat.

That was with Ebc. The max doesn't really worry me that much but up to 4000 it's much less boost than all other ss2's. Hopefully just preload or exhaust

Edited by t_revz

Refer to my E85 result on a milled out stock exhaust manifold.

ss2stdmanifoldpower.jpg

ss2stdmanifoldboost.jpg

If you take 40kws out of that been the 98 result then that would make it just under 280rwkws. and I'm sure the manifold that I've used had much more porting done. Try and have a play with the actuator pre-loading, drop the exhaust, and run abit more boost through it, and you should get just around there.

Alternatively get a brae exhaust manifold and ex gate setup. Picks up 30kws straight on less boost. Refer to page 299.