SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao, Are you able to replace the oil seals in a Garrett 3582R? if so how much do you charge for this?

The Oil seal on exhaust side is just a Stainless steel C clip. This part only wears when you have abnormal amount of shaft play or if its submerged into engine oil means you have a flooded bearing housing.

So if you have no shaft play then the only thing I would be checking is the drain or find out why my oil can't drain out of the bearing housing considering I have 20mm drain slot vs 20 thou oil feeding ports.

The other thing which can cause that is from over filled engine. Ie: Oil level in engine sump submerges the drain port which build up oil in side the drain pipe to cause bearing housing flood.

Also does the turbo make any sort of strange noises on power off? Ie. very light zz zz zzzz zz sort of sound?

If do exists and every thing engine side seems to be nominal then you might want to remove the turbo and send it in or take it to a convince turbo service center for a quick inspection.

Few more updates made for the ATR43 and PU high flows .82 turbine housings. They now installed with 33mm wastegate flap working with a 30mm internal gate port. ( 2mm+ for the flap, 1mm+ for the port). Not much of effect with RB20/25dets, but will make lot better boost control for larger sized engines.

machinery.jpg

wg82.jpg

thousing82.jpg

Also this is a little unconventional method creating slight boost spike or consistent boost curve upon to red line. fixing the issue of slight boost drop due to actuator's sping strength. It is updated into all ATR43 / PU high flowed turbos, I found it particularly useful for people who's looking to hold 20~22psi with internal wastegate actuator.

Photos showing:

Wastegate can be fully operated by actuator

liver2.jpg

or partially operated.

liver.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is a photo for people who prefer to DIY their own actuator bracket. This is modification is included as a part of our high flow service. This post is for people who didn't sent in their actuators.

basically drill or file fitting wholes 5mms towards turbine housing. Once done the factory actautor can be pre-loaded or adjusted.

actuator.jpg

Stao few questions what type of vband clamp is used for my dumnp? i need to get another one quick. also will a r32 actuator fit on my car? i want to lower the boost to 10psi had a little delay in getting injectors sorted but want to start tuning

Its a 3inch Stainless steel Vband. You can get it from your local exhaust places for about $40.

If you run stock actuator you should be able to drop some boost. But ATR43's comp housings doesn't have OEM actuator bracket pattern so installing it on the car would be abit of challenge. Can be done.

what would it mean if it made that sound? i recon my old car may have done that..

Normally means there are small cracks or uneven surfaces on rolling objects. It's the early stage of failing. This noise do gets louder with time. It is recommended to have the turbo overhauled at this stage. It will be very difficult and expansive to overhaul once wheels scrubs.

Oil contamination would be the main cause of it. Run a small inline filter before putting the turbo back.

thanks for the quick answers stao

hey if i was to get an atr43G3 and wanted to run about 18psi on my r34 gtt rb25det neo at wat rpm would it have full boost (18psi)?

how much power do you think it would make with all supporting mods at this amount of boost?

and is a z32 afm a good idea to get first, its the only other thing i need that i dont have..

thanks =)

With ATR43G3 .82 you will get full boost at 4300RPMs. With the current waste gating control you should be able to get 300rwkws on 22psi flat with supporting mods.

In most cases you will get some where between 270~280rwkws on 18psi.

Supporting mods you are recommended to get:

850cc injectors

Z32 AFM

ECU (Nistune or PFC)

Cooler, clutch, exhaust and all usual stuff.

ive got all the usual stuff

ARC FMIC

full exhaust

apexi pfc

oil cooler

clutch

splitfire coil packs

apexi avcr

ive also got denso 670cc injectors not installed yet, their on a custom rail for the r34 GTT, they will b enough hopefully wouldnt they..

apart from the z32 which i should be able to get soon enough

With all the bits installed and a good tune. you will be able to get 270rwkws pretty easily running ATR43G3 .82 turbine on 18psi.

Also for Actuator DIY people. This is a alternative method of getting 12psi without boost controller. I've personally managed 14psi tops. This extender arm is for $25 for who ever needs it. You need to cut and thread factory actuator’s connection rod to get it installed.

stockactuator.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is a reading out of a PU high flowed turbo in Max power profile based in .82 bolton turbine housing. Made 290rwkws on 19psi. The car's dyno tuned straight turbo installation which is supposedly to be tuned after 200KMs of driving. So the actual curve should be shifted by 300RPM or 8.5KM/H to the left after run in.

I think it can squeeze out another 30kws on 22psi. Customer's very concert about his engine so we left as it is.

Its a 95 R33. Car's got PFC, 550cc injectors, Z32 AFM, 3inch exhaust, cooler and usual stuff.

So 300rwkws on stock comp housing that looks EPA legal is achievable.

puhighflowr33290rwkw.jpg

This is a reading out of a PU high flowed turbo in Max power profile based in .82 bolton turbine housing. Made 290rwkws on 19psi. The car's dyno tuned straight turbo installation which is supposedly to be tuned after 200KMs of driving. So the actual curve should be shifted by 300RPM or 8.5KM/H to the left after run in.

I think it can squeeze out another 30kws on 22psi. Customer's very concert about his engine so we left as it is.

Its a 95 R33. Car's got PFC, 550cc injectors, Z32 AFM, 3inch exhaust, cooler and usual stuff.

Very nice, so is this the ATR3G4 wheel? Or is it similar to the 3576 like I have ordered?

puhighflowr33290rwkw.jpg

So what is the advantage of running the atr43 if this is hitting 290kw? What revs did this hit full boost at?

Stao - Do you have comparison pics of the old atr43g3 .82 housing tht I hve compared to the new style one?

and how much would it be for the new housing?