SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

For $500 you'd want to be ale to demonstrate a significant improvement in power and/or response. Exactly what "significant" is is up to you to advertise and the consumer to decide if it's worth $500.

As he said himself, the benefit was less than that of a china manifold and he wont be providing that option to people.

Without a side by side comparison against a stock manifold, Stao will struggle to sell any.

"It performs nearly as well as a no name China manifold" isn't a satisfactory response to "what benefits can I expect above and beyond my current stock manifold?"

There is too much variation between "China' manifolds to be able to use "them" as a benchmark. Stock is the only acceptable benchmark.

Without a side by side comparison against a stock manifold, Stao will struggle to sell any.

"It performs nearly as well as a no name China manifold" isn't a satisfactory response to "what benefits can I expect above and beyond my current stock manifold?"

There is too much variation between "China' manifolds to be able to use "them" as a benchmark. Stock is the only acceptable benchmark.

Not too sure what you're trying to achieve? He did say he's not selling them because there were no substantial gains.

manifoldfront.JPG

manifoldrear.JPG

In car:

incar.JPG

Above is a China manifold, the one that I've had before Brae's manifold. and it actually worked exceptionally well and I've made 330rwkws of it based on a G3 on pump 98. This manifold is only $350 to get from China. It fits on stock position and bolt the turbocharger on factory position. This might be some thing I will be looking into in near future.

Well that level of gain Its not worth the $500, a cheap china manifold would've gained better result. I won't be providing that service.

If you open your eyes, you will see that his exact words were that a china manifold will produce a better result and that the $500 outlay is not worth the gains. Stao has clearly said he WILL NOT be selling those manifolds.

I suggest that you apologise to Stao, because you are clearly coming off rude and it is really uncalled for. Stao built that manifold for the benefit of the SAU community, and he himself admitted it cost too much for the benefit it gave.

Dude are you trying to be a deadset potato here?

If you open your eyes, you will see that his exact words were that a china manifold will produce a better result and that the $500 outlay is not worth the gains. Stao has clearly said he WILL NOT be selling those manifolds.

I suggest that you apologise to Stao, because you are clearly coming off rude and it is really uncalled for. Stao built that manifold for the benefit of the SAU community, and he himself admitted it cost too much for the benefit it gave.

Ok, I miss-understood.

I wasn't having a go at Stao, I'm a big fan of his work. I though he was saying it's not a worthy upgrade from a China manifold which I then assumed it was still on the cards for a stock upgrade.

There was a little bit lost in translation.

Stao do you make or could recommend something for 4.2l diesel landcruiser?

I would use a ATR28G2 in a .86 rear housing.

and for the link earlier it appears to be the same manifold. Mine has been coated before I bought it, it was from a guy in Aus.

Ok, I miss-understood.

I wasn't having a go at Stao, I'm a big fan of his work. I though he was saying it's not a worthy upgrade from a China manifold which I then assumed it was still on the cards for a stock upgrade.

There was a little bit lost in translation.

Since its going to take another 4 hours to re-install the brae manifold. I might do further evaluation.

Using stock manifold, car made a one time maximum of 303rwkws with ATR43G3 none FNT turbo on pump 98. I will be install the same turbocharger back on and do one more run. Based on that I should be able to get the exact amount of gain if there is any.

Plus I've already got the result with the same turbocharger running the China manifold, so we can compare against all three.

I dont think he did an internal gate TD06, that would be interesting.

Into one of his RB specific housings, might sell well with the billet 20g wheel.

Stao you should set one up just to see. Im sure that you are capable of profiling the housing to suit, after all your FNT experience!

I think Trent had few internally gated runs and they were no good. Had a look at some of the internally gated SL2 and even T518z on NS and they are no where near what they are externally gated. They are not some thing made to internal gate.

besides all the Gx, SS1PU and SS2 units works well enough on ever manifold internally or externally gated, not much point re-engineer some thing's already been done.

But having said that I will drop the billet TD06 into .82 type B rear for curiosity sake when I have some spare time. Or let me now if any of yous would wish to trail.

Some updates for the externally gated series:

Great news as I've managed to find few suppliers whom can produce TD06, and T518Z housing and turbine wheel castings. We will have some of those housings brought in and finalize machinery work locally. I will also invest some time in making up CNC drawings for billet compressor wheels.

By the end of this month we should have billet version of both TD05H 18G and TD06SL2 20Gs in T518z (T28) housings, TD06 20 and 25G in both 8cm and 10cm in T3x turbine housings.

Price will stay competitive against Taiwanese producers, we will use our FNT turbine setups as well as custom wheel profiles archiving greater response with higher power level. All turbochargers will be made to order in strict time bases, great support and customer services as always, and we won't be blocking any one on ebay.