SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Is it just the scale being used on plots or does the torque fall over a little at the top end?

That do respond to boost drop, where torque tapper represent where the boost at its lowest point. Per graph below, 6500RPMs and later the boost level is at its lowest point of 18psi. So it matches where it initially made 18psi at 3600RPMs, resulting a bow shape power and torque curve. There are improvements in it using an external gate holds boost straight.

This is the boost curve from run earlier using latest SS2 turbine housing vs Adams using earlier turbine housing on pump 98 fuel:

boost.jpg

and notice how power and torque respond to boost level:

power.jpg

I'm not too worried about the torque drop, pretty much all turbos in that HP range does, and responding to a combination of the turbo and engine setup as well as the fuel instead of the behavior of the turbocharger alone. Generally larger turbos with better flow waste gating and manifold plus exhaust system hold torque longer. Instead of the shape I'm more interested in the physical No.s it produces in mid range, in many cases you might find the end torque is same while the bowed shape curve had much more torque through mid range.

thanks for posting this, what is the price in external gate T3? .63 AR

That is in a T2x .64 FNT turbine housing. Its a bolton turbo for stock SR20det's manifold dump and every thing else (S13 SR20det needed oil feeding line)

That is in a T2x .64 FNT turbine housing. Its a bolton turbo for stock SR20det's manifold dump and every thing else (S13 SR20det needed oil feeding line)

My car is actually set up for T3 high mount now, do you have a housing for this or will you need to make one?

My car is actually set up for T3 high mount now, do you have a housing for this or will you need to make one?

Yes I can make that into a T3x flange still in the .64 turbine geometry. Is that for external gating?

Hey stao how did u go with the exhaust manifolds ? Will they be for sale ti public?

The one that I've got didn't quite work as the screamer had no room to go any where, Abe's making a budget high mount at moment, he said he will have it done by the end of this week.

I'm also doing some fabrication work on stock manifold at this stage, that involves milling the top of the manifold log, then weld it back with larger diameter steam pipes, as well as the connector pipe for external gate. Its going to be an exercise that cost around the $500 mark, if works well, then its much cheaper then making a whole manifold while holding every thing in stock position.

Yep that's an external gate.

I would want it to be a simple housing with a v band out. Not the old 5 bolt housings with a plate adapter, is that possible?

Yep that's an external gate.

I would want it to be a simple housing with a v band out. Not the old 5 bolt housings with a plate adapter, is that possible?

You mean some thing like:

dump2.JPG

2.JPG

dump.JPG

Ah, thats actually the type I am trying to avoid haha. But it does not look too bad to be honest.

Can you please PM me a price and the wheel dimensions? In and Ex of both comp and turbine if thats OK. I just want to make an educated decision.

Thanks,

Here are some updated photos for the new high mount manifold.

20120825_104853.jpg20120825_104910.jpg

20120825_104933.jpg

20120825_104951.jpg

I should have it on Monday for some details description. Pricing wise, this is $650 with any turbocharger or high flow service purchased Or $800 by it self. Add $200 additional we can also make a 3.5 / 4 inchs (not sure if 4 inches fit yet) front pipe. Discount applies to all of our customers whom has previously purchased and currently using our turbochargers or high flow services.

Externally gated version of any of the ATR43 series are $275 cheaper then the common bolton versions. So price for the whole kit would be:

ATR43 Gx series: $900 + $650 + $200 front pipe = $1750 (exc external gate)

Or

ATR43 SS series: $1100 + $650 + $200 front pipe = $1950 (exc external gate)

We can supply 50mm external gates for $200 additional. or you are welcome to bring in an external gate for an adapter pipe to be made onto the manifold.

That's a nice manifold stao, and a good deal for customers too!

interesting to see what turbo is in that first photo though lol.. Is that a billet version from you? I would love to see the results.

Whens your modified stock manifold going to be ready stao?

Yes it is working in progress at this stage. its not as easy as I originally thought.

Lol..you did some billet td06 20G's all tidied up at a good price Stao..is there any plans to sell any td06 25g's with a billet wheel

tidied up aswell?

cheers

darren

The Billet TD06 has been sold to a SR20det customer. I don't have drawings for 25G comp wheels at this stage. So only 20G billet version in 8 or 10 cm. they are $750 each for any one whom's interested. Yes can be tight up to the manifold deal.

That's a nice manifold stao, and a good deal for customers too!

interesting to see what turbo is in that first photo though lol.. Is that a billet version from you? I would love to see the results.

Its all back together now using Brae's manifold. The best I can get his price down to with this version is $1250 with the wastegate screamer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now with Heat shield on:

3.jpg

4.jpg

ACL make the heatshield mate, buy it in sheets, i like what you have done with it stao, exactly what i planned to

do..lol

I thought you would get a billet compressor already made Stao like this:

http://www.ebay.com....=item43b2f69a7d

I didn't realise you would make one, or made one for the 20G

cheers

darren

Edited by jet_r31

The firm makes the 20Gs for us in Taiwan doesn't have 25G comp wheels or housings unless I can send them a drawing or a sample with a big order at current stage. I'm also not currently looking to stock heaps of those, but might change in near future.

atr43ss3.jpg.jpg

The SS3 prototype made 387rwkws on 23 psi of boost on E85. In fear of snapping factory con-rods this run was done on a quick 9sec ramp timing that makes it laggy on paper. This is with the Brae manifold with external gate per photo graph on above post. More work will be applied to this prototype.

power.jpg