SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Yes, In my opinion it is still laggy. But that is greatly outweighed by the power it produces and the smile it puts on my face on boost. Mind you it has performed just as well if not better than Stao has described it would so the turbo for what it is is great.

Mods are as follows

Z32

3" exhaust, no cat, 1 muffler (home-made)

600x400 bar and plate cooler with return flow piping, assuming its home-brand as i only paid $50.

Tial 44mm gate (17.64PSI)

SS2 0.82 type b

52mm Radiator

bcpr7es copper plugs

DW 740cc Injectors accompanied by a Bosch 044 (intank)

EVERYTHING else is standard

Laggy?lol Thats not laggy full boost at 3800 is great. You need to drive with a 3540 hitting full boost at like 5 k thats laggy.

Laggy?lol Thats not laggy full boost at 3800 is great. You need to drive with a 3540 hitting full boost at like 5 k thats laggy.

As we have said before, laggy is subjective. and that full boost is at 3800 in 4th gear, i mostly use all the power in 2nd and 3rd, and these gears naturally require less load, so the boost is going to be later than 3800 in 2nd and 3rd. I have no idea why people are so surprised i think its laggy. Besides that im happy

Edited by adam999111

As we have said laggy is subjective, and that 3800 is in 4th gear and 2nd and 3rd i mostly use the power in, and with a gear with less load the boost is going to be later than that anyway. I have no idea why people are so surprised i think its laggy. Besides that im happy

276253_papel-de-parede-meme-jackie-chan_1280x1024.jpg

My mate has the same setup as you external on exhaust housing, stock manifold , but garrett .63 3076 56T ,fullboost 18psi by 3800 aswell

when it made 295 rwkw, what was the power at 4000rpm?

Edited by jet_r31

@Stao

Do you think you could ever supply a turbo with the gate pre-welded on the rear housing with a 4x bolt dump? If you need a guinea pig, my hand is up :woot:

The reason why I want this is because it makes manifold choices easy, not to mention the ability to make the engine bay "appear" stockish.

@Stao

Do you think you could ever supply a turbo with the gate pre-welded on the rear housing with a 4x bolt dump? If you need a guinea pig, my hand is up :woot:

The reason why I want this is because it makes manifold choices easy, not to mention the ability to make the engine bay "appear" stockish.

I remember quite a while ago he did offer one with the gate welded onto the housing.

If you can send me a turbine housing with a 4 bolt dump pattern I should be able to modify my rear housings with that pattern. Its still recommended to have external gate welded on stock manifold, That will delivery better result.

Its pretty good result from the SS2 based on the boost level, need a stronger ext gate spring. should reach 300rwkws. Personally I believe its pretty decent for the power. The current rear housing makes about 200rpms better in response, drop in an email for free trail.

Whoever purchased a ss2 running ext gate is in for a treat.

Just got my car tuned at chequered tuning

Initially got 295 but wanted to be safe so turned back the timing.

So final =

276rwkw

18psi tapering to 16psi

Full boost at 3800

There is an abundance of wheel spin and really quick acceleration . Very happy.

Its got about almost same result as the one on mine. But I had the smaller rear housing. Be interested to see results using Stao's new housing over lied with ours.

My ss2 arrived today, going in for tune + support mods on Monday

I believe you've got the latest SS2. did you end up getting yours tuned?

Edited by kwickr33

Just did a winton drift practice day and may i say, the turbo ran really well, not one problem and is the perfect amount of power for third gears slides, car did not loose one bit of power thrashing it all day and was very consistent. Had to learn to keep the revs up but once they were up, i was like furk me this is good.

Edited by adam999111

Sorry mate, No longer have the SS2. Ended up going a different route with my turbo upgrade and Stao was a pleasure to deal with in the procees.

I've got the latest. Hoping to fire up the engine today and if all goes well ill book it in for a tune tomorrow

Stao can you PM me the SR20 SS1PU result? that is the results I am looking for.

Here it is. SS1PU internally gated bolton version for S13 SR20det non vct.

The thin red line is on stock cams, while the thick red line is on big Tomei Pro 270 dur cams which made it bit laggy. The tune is based on pump 98.

The car's not 100% done at this stage, my expectation sits around the 280rwkws with bit more boost once all finished.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Its got about almost same result as the one on mine. But I had the smaller rear housing. Be interested to see results using Stao's new housing over lied with ours.

This is my last run on the new SS2 on 98 just before the head gasket popped (engine was playing weird on couple of runs before we noticed it, so discard the dip before 2800rpms). Result is overlayed with Adam's SS2.

The red line represent result from the current SS2, while the rest are from Adam's car. There is slight increase in boost response.

power.jpg

That is dame good for pump 98 result. looks more responsive then my ss1pu. what sort of boost were you running stao?

I believe stao was running around 20-22psi hence the power difference. And I was running. 18 down to 16psi. Mind you Im running straight off The waste gate with no boost controller at all. Stao was right External gate makes a huge difference in power figures. I think my car could make 300-320 on 18 psi (at 6000rpm) considering. It made around 290 on 16psi (6000rpm)

Is it just the scale being used on plots or does the torque fall over a little at the top end?

No not the scale, that's the main downfall with the hypergear turbos, good spool and power but torque nosedives after 6500rpm

Edited by SimonR32

Here it is. SS1PU internally gated bolton version for S13 SR20det non vct.

The thin red line is on stock cams, while the thick red line is on big Tomei Pro 270 dur cams which made it bit laggy. The tune is based on pump 98.

The car's not 100% done at this stage, my expectation sits around the 280rwkws with bit more boost once all finished.

thanks for posting this, what is the price in external gate T3? .63 AR