SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The ATR43G3 run a different turbine wheel then TR43i. They make full boost about 4200RPM in .82 turbine or about 3800RPM in .63 turbine.

Power wise I've managed 273rwkws on 17psi with .63 housing and had customer reported 282rwkws on 17psi with .82 housing.

CHRA Max power wise the ATR43G4 made 44kws more then TR43i on 24psi on the same car. The testing engine was a built CA18det. (300rwkws vs 344rwkws)

The ATR43G3 run a different turbine wheel then TR43i. They make full boost about 4200RPM in .82 turbine or about 3800RPM in .63 turbine.

Power wise I've managed 273rwkws on 17psi with .63 housing and had customer reported 282rwkws on 17psi with .82 housing.

CHRA Max power wise the ATR43G4 made 44kws more then TR43i on 24psi on the same car. The testing engine was a built CA18det. (300rwkws vs 344rwkws)

Is it posible for you to upgrade my tr43i to a atr43 if i give you the existing, would it be any cheaper than just buying a atr43?

Stao,

How much to build me the external wastgate housing for my ATR28G4 including the wastegate?

Also shouldnt the gate be at a more friendly angle to the exhaust gas?

For the TR43i upgrade it is better to sale it out right and then buy a new turbo because once we work on it you will lose a good working turbo.

With Crans. Yes we can install a 38mm external gate on it if you want. we charge $150 for welding and screamer pipe materials. We can supply our 38mm HPVA external gate with Tail diaphram for $300 or a Tail external gate for $380.

For the TR43i upgrade it is better to sale it out right and then buy a new turbo because once we work on it you will lose a good working turbo.

With Crans. Yes we can install a 38mm external gate on it if you want. we charge $150 for welding and screamer pipe materials. We can supply our 38mm HPVA external gate with Tail diaphram for $300 or a Tail external gate for $380.

hey tao i have a customer looking @ 0.63 TR43i for thier rb20 (maybe rb22 soon) what sort of power @ 18psi approximatly? i cant find them in my dyno file atm... too many cars to sort through :blush:

hey tao i have a customer looking @ 0.63 TR43i for thier rb20 (maybe rb22 soon) what sort of power @ 18psi approximatly? i cant find them in my dyno file atm... too many cars to sort through :blush:

Hi Trent. I haven't seen any TR43is on RB20dets yet. the old school TR43 have made 246rwkws on a stock RB20det on 22psi. This one I think it will do about 255~260 with about 20psi of boost. Do check with skyline01999 might be able to get it off him for a good price.

Remember this ATR28G3 high flow on a TD06 20G?

housings.jpg

It managed 258rwkws on a SR20det with Tomei stage 1 cams and usual mods on 17psi. it have gained 28kws and lost 500RPMs in response.

atr28g3sr20det.jpg

Yes I have your ready tomorrow. I just got our newly designed castings which allows better wastegate operation. This is now updated for all .63 PU high flows and ATR43 units.

wg.jpg

comp.jpg

turbin.jpg

Hi Tao,

I have a question regarding the R34 OP6 hiflow dyno sheet on your website:

http://www.digi-hardware.com/images/dynosh...g3OP6hiflow.jpg

I am wondering why the boost drops down from 17 to 14psi as rpm increases?

Is a large can actuator required? Have you managed to hold 17psi to redline on any internally wastegated cars with the hiflow OP6 turbo?

limitation of the rear housing. external gate may help, but i've run some pretty beefy internal gates with mine and same result. But the way i see it, if your engine ain't built i don't mind not having 17psi at redline :P

pretty similar curve to say a HKS 2835ProS, so unless you get something big, i don't think it matters whether it's a highflow/brand name/etc... you won't hold flat boost (well IW anyway). Either need a bigger rear housing, or Ex gate or both perhaps

The high pressure actuator only seems to work with .82 housing with GT30 or 35 turbine wheels. Can't hold boost on OP6 turbine housings unless you crop some materials off the wheel which you will lose about 10% response, in exchange you get more torque and top end power.

All current PU high flowed units and ATR43 in .63 units will be installed with the latest housing casting.

was that in repsonse to my question?

Moreso to Tao but keen to hear your response too.

With the PU hiflow turbos do you get a choice between 0.63 and 0.82? What is the difference between an OP6 and a 0.63 exhaust housing?

We use .63 and .82 on PU high flows. Depends on the engine size what people's requirements.

Cerbra: Yes I've used the new casting for your turbine housing.

Titan: The BB units don'e just leak oil due to a oil seal problem. Its normally got bearing issues or if the bearing is flooded. Check to make sure the oil drain is pointing towards the ground and horse is kink free.

Titan: The BB units don't just leak oil due to a oil seal problem. Its normally got bearing issues or if the bearing is flooded. Check to make sure the oil drain is pointing towards the ground and horse is kink free.

The oil drain is pointing straight down and there are no kinks in the line (mostly stainless pipe), there is a ~1mm restrictor in the oil feed line (had no restrictor in the oil feed line so it was seeing massive amounts of oil (3-4mm feed))

The bearings seem to be fine (turbo takes 20+ seconds to spin down and stop when you switch the car off from idle)

they could be flooded but my main concern is sometimes when you load the turbo/engine up you get a MASSIVE (you cant see anything behind you at all) cloud of oil smoke out the exhaust that lasts for a good 30 seconds-1 min after you take the load back off the engine/turbo (eg pulling from 140-200km/h in 4th)