SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

If only your mother knew of the word! :P

Most of us here are more concerned with kilowasps and efficiency than checking out our gelled hair in the reflection of a pipe...but each to theirs I guess!

good one. im gonna use that next time!

Scottys work fabrication is some of the best I've seen, I'de rather a strong weld that will hold up under extreme circumstances, than something thats probably been made of the same quality as tin foil.

He's probably the only fabricator I'de trust working on my car, or anyone else's car locally

Quick update. I have boosted my SS2 to 15psi and it goes awesome considering its untuned. Knock didn't go past 18 (had a previous tune that accommodated the boost. And clutches kicks are a dream with the twin plate. Getting tuned on 18-20psi on the 15th. If I get time I'll post up the results of that. In all honesty it is a bit laggy for me but I'm very picky. Just got to learn how to accommodate for it when I drive.

Quick update. I have boosted my SS2 to 15psi and it goes awesome considering its untuned. Knock didn't go past 18 (had a previous tune that accommodated the boost. And clutches kicks are a dream with the twin plate. Getting tuned on 18-20psi on the 15th. If I get time I'll post up the results of that. In all honesty it is a bit laggy for me but I'm very picky. Just got to learn how to accommodate for it when I drive.

Surely tune will help with this, seems premature to evaluate.

Lol. How would you know what my idea of laggy is? I have doubled the rear wheel and rear housing size, so I think it isn't premature to evaluate this. Even a good tune won't make it not laggy "in my eyes". But each to their own I guess. Some people don't think a g3 is laggy and some people (me) thinks a ss2 is. Its a fantastic Turbo and so dynamic but as I said I have to get used to it.

Looking at the ss2 dyno and having driven similar turbod cars I would say it is laggy by most peoples definition, laggy for it is though? no

Edited by Rolls

Lol. How would you know what my idea of laggy is? I have doubled the rear wheel and rear housing size, so I think it isn't premature to evaluate this. Even a good tune won't make it not laggy "in my eyes". But each to their own I guess. Some people don't think a g3 is laggy and some people (me) thinks a ss2 is. Its a fantastic Turbo and so dynamic but as I said I have to get used to it.

Lol indeed.

Well it's true laggy is subjective, but he's right, the tune will help with spooling and power delivery. Will also improve the off boost fuel/timing so that the lag itself isn't that bad.

Yeh but it doesn't say Greddy and you can't see yourself in the polished reflection.

I make practical intakes that work, not fap toys. lol.

Have to agree there!! Have seen a lot of Scott's work and seen his piping hold 550+ rwkw, practical is just the start of it! It might not have a badge, but probably flows better and has better value for money than "badges" out there. Some of his custom designs are awesome, even trying to get him to do some improvements on some fabrication that has been done to my car.

Thanks Shadz, drop in sometime I can definitely help you out. (If you're keen to drive an hour each way for some work to be done mate.) :)

On topic, I have an M35 turbo coming down to you for one of those new 'responsive' highflows on the previous page Stao. I will call when it's out. Thanks for sending him my way buddy, I will look after him.

I forgot to mention in the last run before the head gasket cracked. That SS2 has a customized housing, it is slightly more responsive then the one before that model. SCR48 has that housing. Adam come for a test drive in the newer housing have a feel of differences once I get the car back on the road.

Latest configuration

98boost.jpg

The one earlier:

boost.jpg

Some updates:

The manifold finally came back from Brae auto fab:

manifold1.jpg.jpg

and it will be running on a 50mm external gate:

manifold2.jpg.jpg

This is still a bolton manifold that holds a turbocharger in stock position. How ever I'm going to wait for the later and cheaper manifold prototype that said to be complete on Monday.

The head gasket also shown up. how ever it isn't 1.1mm as what the seller claim to be. 0.051 of an inch calculates to be 1.3mm.

gasket.jpg.jpg

any one had experiences with 1.3mm head gaskets? or I'm just going to install another stock gasket back in. hopefully it will be back on the road towards the end of next week.

I'm keen to see what the SS2 would do at its full potential, on that setup, then follow it by an updated version of the SS3 now has a different wheel curvature, which I'm hopping to hit some where close to the 400rwkws mark with similar response as the SS2.

atr43ss3.jpg.jpg

By the way SS1PU is now available in a SR20det bolton form. A trail with customers stock S13 SR20det have reported a final figure of 270rwkws @ 17psi using 260 duration cams on pump 98 responsively. I will pickup and post the dyno read out coming week.