SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I'm waiting for a cometic multi layer metal gasket from usa. I'm not in a great hurry as Brae needs about one more week to have the new manifold made. I will announce price of them once they are successfully trailed.

Yea, for on my car it was around 3 degrees of timing increase for mid-top range. the power band keeps on rising instead of dropping and the torque curve also becomes lot more spreaded. I will do few runs with the new manifold compare to my current one (expansive one) and see if there are any differences. But either way I'm sure a 50mm gate will make some differences.

I make practical intakes that work, not fap toys. lol.

hey I'm just in the process of making my own metal intake - what's the reason for not just using mandrel bends? is there any, or you just loooove welding lol?

80mm alloy pipe won't fit well in the stock configuration, and I can't find mandrels in that size. As it is the same size as the AFM it just seems smart to keep it similar for flow, and 80mm silicone is readily available now.

3 inch pipe may just fit to the stock airbox with alloy donut bends but there is no way (currently) I can make them the same every time, manufacture them remotely and guarantee they will fit. It's quite hard to make a product and ship it across the country without making sure it is consistent, I can only do that with the lobster cuts.

If you needed shiny mandrels you could take your car to any of the fabricators on here, they would be happy to make a stainless or alloy version for you as would I, or make it yourself by all means. Will it perform better? No, it's only for looks, and if you don't follow the few basic rules in construction you will have all manner of issues with it. (unless you go map sensor and ditch the AFM)

PM me with your ideas if you like and I will run through the basics. Stay away from silicone bends as when hot and soft it will suck in and put you in the same position you were with the stock intake.

and fabrication+fitting of child restraint anchoranges (~$850)

They charge $90 per seat at most places, why on earth would you pay that to essentially get two holes drilled?

Update on the M35 VQ25 turbocharger high flow profile.

This is the small profile using the SS1 core. Also run FNT turbine setup. should have stock alike response with much stronger punch. Running with after market ecu I would expect it making some where around the 230rwkws mark.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

The whole chra is about 15mm shorter then OEM chra, All lines fits fine (oil line needs little bending), the drain pipe flange needs to be slightly skimmed.

They charge $90 per seat at most places, why on earth would you pay that to essentially get two holes drilled?

Because the RTA wanted them added to the engineers certificate, they needed to be done CORRECTLY. That means correct location as per ADR, which falls inside the speakers. He needs to fabricate a 'bridge' style mount that goes over the speakers themselves but under the mesh, then a bolt through the mesh into this bridge.

that intake pipe is an abortion....

If only your mother knew of the word! :P

Most of us here are more concerned with kilowasps and efficiency than checking out our gelled hair in the reflection of a pipe...but each to theirs I guess!