SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Also kasko, that result you were comparing your car to could be on a hub dyno and i think birds' result could have been a hub dyno as well, so keep that in mind.

The only true comparison would be to get the all on the same dyno. I wouldn't be worried too much about it to be honest

Edited by Mitcho_7

Bird's result was from an roller dyno and so's Peters. could be the tuner is conservative, different dyno, differences in the exhaust, cooler, or what ever it might be. Since my car's off the road I'll organize photos post up some progresses of the Turbocharged Kia sportage with high roll over risk project that we are half way through for bit of laughter.

Bellmouth = bigger = more flow.

Pretty simple. Sick of all this merging the gasses bullshit, either go bellmouth or man up and go the external gate. :)

Or both!? :woot:

Most splits are shit and cause more problems than they solve with wastegates jamming etc. Even if you get one to work properly it's purely a wank factor thing; imitation screamer pipe that sounds like ass. Bellmouth = don't look back.

My 258rwkw was on a roller dyno at Race Pace who certainly aren't known for having a happy dyno.

Peter's full boost at 3250 got me confused though...mine happens at around 3600-3700. I have a more restrictive setup with my catted exhaust and lack of a 3 inch metal intake, but I wouldn't think the response difference would be that great...unless you have an updated SS1PU? :S

Most splits are shit and cause more problems than they solve with wastegates jamming etc. Even if you get one to work properly it's purely a wank factor thing; imitation screamer pipe that sounds like ass. Bellmouth = don't look back.

Not all split dumps are vent to atmo.

cheers guys, ive had my car for about 8 months now and have done suspension etc so just starting to look at adding power, amperformance here in sa do very impressive looking split front pipes and was looking at getting one but he makes them in such a way that i dont think they would work with the hiflow which lead me to wonder if anyone was running one. will look into it more but atleast you guys have given me insight into which front pipe i should be looking at. :)

intake pipe makes abit of differences to response. here's one more result from a customer's R34 skyline running SS1PU. made 255rwkws @ 16psi with 2psi creep mid range. This car's also runs a return flow cooler that get abit hot. With a proper cooler at 20psi it should be getting pretty close result as my test car.

There has been a recent FNT angle update, might affect tinny bit in response but not power wise.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

afr.jpg

intake pipe makes abit of differences to response. here's one more result from a customer's R34 skyline running SS1PU. made 255rwkws @ 16psi with 2psi creep mid range. This car's also runs a return flow cooler that get abit hot. With a proper cooler at 20psi it should be getting pretty close result as my test car.

There has been a recent FNT angle update, might affect tinny bit in response but not power wise.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

afr.jpg

When will the FNT update be available Stao? I've been waiting for your next development to order a turbo so this might be good enough to make my wallet a bit lighter :)

Here's the interesting part...despite my full boost not coming on until a bit later...my power band is basically the same as Peter's and the above customer's...I make the same power at the same RPM points?