SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The new pump requires an additional earth. By the way it is a walbro F9000262 400L/Min pump. It works once plugged into the stock loom but doesn't create much pressure. Once additional earth is connected it worked fine. How ever didn't help the head gasket.

Don't know why people use anything but the good old 040. Never heard someone complain about one!

Cant forget the Nismo pump, it plugs right in, is good quality and pumps and decent amount of fuel :yes:

Birds, even the 040 needs a good power supply, in fact I would be upgrading the power for any aftermarket pump as they require up to 4 times more current. Stao found out the hard way that the stock wiring can't supply 17 amps. Sorry to hear mate.

Don't know why people use anything but the good old 040. Never heard someone complain about one!

Because we are cheap bastards Birds ;) Do wish I had gone with the 044 back when I did my fuel pump, didn't think it would be necessary at the time though. Nor did I realize how good a noisy fuel pump sounds!? :P

Interesting that it failed on the dyno though, was the fuel pressure not being monitored or is it just one of those things?? Makes me want to check my fuel pump, though I have rewired mine and has been sweet so far.

I had 040 in my Sil180, when the metal filter blocks it makes a loud whining noise. I had to pull it out and clean it once every couple of weeks, on the end I teared the mash filter out of the bottom and that worked fine and stopped the whine. lol

The walbro more or less bolton to stock bracket, and it had an walbro in there for 4 years without much issues.

Because we are cheap bastards Birds ;) Do wish I had gone with the 044 back when I did my fuel pump, didn't think it would be necessary at the time though. Nor did I realize how good a noisy fuel pump sounds!? :P

Interesting that it failed on the dyno though, was the fuel pressure not being monitored or is it just one of those things?? Makes me want to check my fuel pump, though I have rewired mine and has been sweet so far.

That's what I mean though...040 is so cheap I don't know why people don't just go for that. Still using stock wiring at 260rwkw, no issues with fuel supply...will see if it lasts when I switch to ethanol.

Must have had a dirty tank Stao, or had the pump sitting right at the bottom. Nearly 2 years on and mine never whines!

Unrelated: gearbox running in period approaching it's end; have been giving my car more frequent bursts of full throttle. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, SS1PU ftw. Lastnight was cold as ice and she was throwing my mate back in his seat hahahaha.

If u put a flow gauge on aftermarket pumps with engine running u will see how much upgrading the wiring helps. Yes u can just do the earth mod but i always prefer running a relay with a strong battery supply.

That's what I mean though...040 is so cheap I don't know why people don't just go for that. Still using stock wiring at 260rwkw, no issues with fuel supply...will see if it lasts when I switch to ethanol.

Must have had a dirty tank Stao, or had the pump sitting right at the bottom. Nearly 2 years on and mine never whines!

Unrelated: gearbox running in period approaching it's end; have been giving my car more frequent bursts of full throttle. I've said it many times and I'll say it again, SS1PU ftw. Lastnight was cold as ice and she was throwing my mate back in his seat hahahaha.

Why not rewire yours? It's cheap and easy to do.

No need to, yet :/

Wouldn't wait until there is a need, by then it will probably be too late and a whole lot more expensive. You're probably wearing out your pump a lot faster by running it at low voltage, Bosch do say to run it at a minimum of 13.5v.

Hi, going to book a tune this week, just wanted peoples opinion on an ECU, I currently have Power fc with Z32 afm. But i was thinking to go down the path of Adaptronic and go with a MAP sensor?

What are your preferences, to help me make a decision, as i dont know what to pick. Its only between the two so please don't recommend another ECU

Both will give the same outcome. But u could sell the power fc, afm and boost controller if u have one and use the adaptronic with boost solenoid so it controls boost

I'm not going to be using a electric boost solenoid, so that feature will be void, but for tunerbility and power potential, would AFM (power fc) or MAP (Adaptronic) be better? If they are similar and outcome will be the same as you say, is it worth the hassle of selling the setup i have now and going Adaptronic? On a side note, Adaptronic uses wasted spark, will this affect life of the coils or produce a lot more heat in the engine?