SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

derrrr a few pages back lol nvm... I notice the internal gate is still there??

I really liked the way how the KKRs560 had the center divider grinded out for the internal gate to work. But either way that is not a "real" twin pulse housing. The pulse in the center must have the exact clearance to the turbine wheel as the rest of the turbine housing profile does (20 thou), with the pulse separated from the manifold all times. Realistically it needs two external gates and gets treated as "twin" turbos.

I seen one ( I think it was a Toyota turbo) which got 2x wastegaes in the turbine housing as in one per pulse. It will has to be setup that way for the to work. To get that working the pulse will need to be twisted so it actually faces the dump pipe area, Will need a new casting and etc to get that working. But nothing is impossible.

FINALLY got my car back on the road after about 4 months of no rego due to defect lololol

So good to feel the pull of a G3 again, right now I can't even fathom how it would feel with an updated version or even SS2....

So good to feel the pull of a G3 again, right now I can't even fathom how it would feel with an updated version or even SS2....

Trade that old dinosaur in for some new technology!

Can't afford the upgrade and retune to be honest...since my 33 got defected for missing front numberplate (lol my fault...) it cost me roughly $2700 to get a roadworthy for it again (not to mention buying another car since it was my daily). I've spent enough on it for now, I'll just wait until I get used to and subsequently bored of this power again, then I'll see where I'm at.

Is that what it costs to clear a defect? man everything here in nsw is a total rip-off lol

lol what do you mean? My defect clearance included engineer's certificate for ALL modifications (~$1500) and fabrication+fitting of child restraint anchoranges (~$850)

lol what do you mean? My defect clearance included engineer's certificate for ALL modifications (~$1500) and fabrication+fitting of child restraint anchoranges (~$850)

That's the biggest load. Sif I'm ever going to be putting kids in my car. Even if I did, I'd take the trouble of getting the anchorages put in then. Why is a vehicle unroadworthy just because it can't carry kids seats? :/

Edited by Hanaldo

my skyline has child restraints, i thought they were standard ...

i mean i had to use the fitting that came with the seat but the holes were there to bolt into

So that hole is ok to use? Have thought putting thd baby seat in the car might get some sympathy if I ever get pulled over.

Or they might think I'm being a bad parent putting a kid in a skyline :laugh:

I fail to understand how these cars got complied without getting anchor points fitted. My R32 has 3 of them, and there was no way it was going to pass the import/compliance/rego inspection at Regency without them. That was last century!